Aisan Carb Rebuilding Videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know what I was thinking. I was too lazy to sign up for a Youtube account. If I get some time, I will put them on Youtube. Right now they are too long, so they need to be edited.

I just appreciate the time that you take to help get them back up and the time of making them. :clap:

I'll try after labor day like you mentioned and see if the download on tuesday.

I spelled Aisan wrong, but it isn't worth the time to fix it. Aisin - Aisan I can't keep them straight.

Or is it the 'Asian' carb as opposed to the 'American' replacements? :)

Thanks for doing that Pin_Head, those videos helped me a ton. My record mileage with the Aisan carb so far is 15.9 in my 2F powered FJ40. :clap:

I think I could use a little advice on which vacuum lines should be used in a desmogged setup.

JD

These are really great. Many thanks.

:cheers:

@Pin_Head
I had a friend give me a stock carb (currently have a Weber).

I'm chomping at the bit to rebuild it and learn to tune it. It's going to make a great winter project. Really appreciate your videos! Thx for serving mud well.

I do have a few questions.

Is there something missing (see location circled).

IMG_0944.JPG

Also.. the date code leads off with a 1. Do you know if it's a 71 or 81? Not sure if it matters or not...

IMG_0943.JPG

If that's the case, will this carb work on my '78 with a 2f?

Here are some more pics to help id the date...

IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0946.JPG

That carb is a 1976 federal 2F spec, built in august 1981 to be sold as a service replacement part.
It will work on a desmogged 1978 2F.
Good luck.

Makes sense. I had looked through the pics on the sor site to date the carb and also thought it was a '76. I was thrown off by the date discrepancy. Service part makes sense!

Thanks @FJ40Jim and @Pin_Head!

These videos are really awesome. What would you say the difficulty is in repairing or rebuilding the carburetor? I’m willing to tackle it myself, but it seems safer to send it out

Just don't lose any parts, a rebuild kit doesn't contain every part.

I just posted 7 videos on rebuilding an Aisan 2 barrel carburator on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PinHead0001#g/u

Nothing fancy production wise: It is just me yapping while the camera is running.
Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks Pin_Head! Had to clean the plugged screen and remove fine sediment from the bottom of the fuel bowl this evening. Your videos made this a piece of cake (two beer job!) I've been replacing OEM fuel filters too often and she finally got plugged. I obviously need to repair/replace the fuel tank, but she's up and running perfectly again until I can drop the tank and address the root cause. Don't plan on driving much until I can as I don't want to compromise the carb any further. My wife says she loves you as she now has one of the garage spots back. ;) Much appreciated sir,

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom