AHC Fluid Flush - questions on the complete process (200 series) LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I've done a forum search on this topic, naturally there is. ton of chatter on this, however in my search I can't seem to find an actual step by step guide on how to do this myself on my 2008 LX that is detailed enough to cover the process fully from start to finish... If there is one, I apologize up-front as I looked and didn't find it - doh!!

I've done it years ago on my old 100 series (long time ago) - however the locations of the bleed points are different - and seems a bit more difficult on the LX. I found one (only 1) youtube vid that seems to lack in terms of important details. I don't want to screw this up.

1. I should note I'm doing this for the first time since I purchased 1.5 years ago - I believe it's due, and hasn't been done before - 112k miles (180k kms).

A few questions I have:

- Should I pump out all the old fluid out of the reservoir first, and refill with fresh fluid PRIOR to opening any bleeder zerks?
- Are there 4 globes that would need to be drained? What about the main accumulator? I recall on my 100 series it had 4, plus a main accumulator - is this the same with the 200 series?
- If that answer is yes (above) - should I start with the furthest location away, and move toward the reservoir - topping it each time after each one gets bled/refilled?

There are a few other questions I have, but for me - the most important part would be ensuring they are very detailed, so as not to miss anything that could cause me to have to re-do it.

Does anyone have a complete (and fully detailed) process of this? Or the actual Toyota/Lexus service instructions?

Lastly, have the bad batches of fluid (in 2021) been remedied? I don't want to end up with bad fluid. Best source (and pricing for this?) Are the 2.5L cans available again?

And has anyone used the Ravenol product? It appears legit and probably a high quality product by the look of it, but I would lean towards toyota genuine fluid if I can confirm no bad batches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is a thread that has all the details, although they're still a little scattered through the thread. I'll search around and see if I can find it.

Yes, the 2.5L cans are available now, and you should be able to order them at the dealer. No risk of contaminated juice at this point, although I poured mine into a clear container just to verify. I bought mine in late 2021 I think.

No need to syphon the old fluid out of the reservoir before bleeding, although it may make the whole process go quicker (less time bleeding).

Yes, you need to bleed in 4 separate locations. There is a 5th location, which some choose to bleed, some do not. 5th bleeder is on the drivers side between the front and rear bleeders--I think you need to remove a shield to reach it.

Last edited:
This all came from the ACH "Basics" sticky thread, but the useful info is buried deep in the banter:

Bleeding procedure according to FSM (pretty unhelpful, IMO)

Simplified Step By Step (quite helpful)

Where to find the bleeders and reservoir:

Last edited:
This video is pretty good, although it also covers replacing the globes, which is not part of the normal bleed proceedure:

Thanks all, and where is the best location to order? Should I just order at my local dealer? We don't have a lexus dealer nearby and Toyota wants $$$$$ for it - wondering if there's a better online source I can get it?

Also, has anyone used the Ravenol product? I looked at their site and it looks legit, also I can order the exact amount (to the L) that I would need. I believe the toyota cans are 2.5L each, so I may not need the entire 5L if I order 2 cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom