ABS/custom door panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a huge sheet of ABS that I want to use to replace my rear lift-gate carpet but was also researching using it to replace the door panels. However I keep getting stuck with what to do with the arm rest area along the window glass. I worry because I like having some cushion there and wondered how much wind noise and weather will pass through the gap filled by the stock door panel card. So I finally found someone that looks like they are making them but illustrates my concern. Thoughts?

Toyota-80-Series-Land-Cruiser-ABS-Electric-Window-Door-Trim-Panels-Waterproof

Last edited:
I have a huge sheet of ABS that I want to use to replace my rear lift-gate carpet but was also researching using it to replace the door panels. However I keep getting stuck with what to do with the arm rest area along the window glass. I worry because I like having some cushion there and wondered how much wind noise and weather will pass through the gap filled by the stock door panel card. So I finally found someone that looks like they are making them but illustrates my concern. Thoughts?

I took the arm rest part off recovered it and screwed it back to the ABS sheet. I’ll send you some pics. It’s not show quality but it works well for me.

I actually like this idea of ABS sheet for the door panels, I know my current door cards have certainly seen better days.

I took the arm rest part off recovered it and screwed it back to the ABS sheet. I’ll send you some pics. It’s not show quality but it works well for me.

FF0F0E2A-BA79-44F4-8986-B7CFE4CAC747.jpeg

1E2AD2F7-8116-44B0-8369-07F0179C3264.jpeg

48A630D0-53B2-4C7D-BD96-D146E5A55E8A.jpeg

Did you screw through the plastic? Into fresh metal? Did you somehow use door clips?
I used plastic screw inserts in the holes that panel clips were in. It was hard to find inserts for round holes most of them are square. I ended up using butyl tape to keep the inserts in place. I also used the butyl tape to secure the bottom of the front panels to the door because the storage pocket covered up the holes along the bottom. If I get a chance this week I’ll pull one off and post some pics. If I had better tools and more time they could be finished better and possibly used the clips to mount them. They work well for me and look pretty good.

Nice, anyone know the shipping cost from Au to US?

Nice, anyone know the shipping cost from Au to US?
eBay will estimate it for you. AU $60.70 to my location. After exchange rate that's US $325.45 total. The price seems reasonable for the amount of time it would take me to measure and cut out my own. I specifically like the the addition of the routed stripes. I probably have 20 projects I need to do before this one so I'm in no rush... just thinking ahead on uses for this giant sheet of ABS.

I did send the seller a couple of questions and never heard back... so not sure what's up with that. One thing I noticed is the front speaker is not cutout--probably a positive thing because what's the likelihood you'd be replacing with a stock speaker? A little digging found this website: australiandoorcards.com.au I think I found my answer to my earlier question there:
**Please note if your current door cards wrap over the top of the doors you will need to replace the inner weather strip with a standalone inner weather strip or run without. Door Cards pictured are running without. If you are unsure please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
I used plastic screw inserts in the holes that panel clips were in. It was hard to find inserts for round holes most of them are square. I ended up using butyl tape to keep the inserts in place. I also used the butyl tape to secure the bottom of the front panels to the door because the storage pocket covered up the holes along the bottom. If I get a chance this week I’ll pull one off and post some pics. If I had better tools and more time they could be finished better and possibly used the clips to mount them. They work well for me and look pretty good.
One thing I noticed with these AU ABS door cards is the front use a combination of screw inserts and clips (behind the door pocket). So that might be an option for you. Another choice and what I think I'm going with on my tail-gate are nutserts for a more rugged install.

The Aus door cards will require different window trim at the top of the door, since their trucks didn’t get that top trim piece we have and ours is built into the door card.

I don’t know the sort numbers for those. But it would be handy to have.

I guess you 86'd the speakers on your doors?

FYI I heard back from the seller which appears to also be @DrLui . They do not have a solution for the wind noise and weather seal with the top open along the window glass (where the stock door card rests) but did reference back to a 60 series thread.

FJ60 Door Panels: Customizable and Affordable

Is this the weatherstripping piece you’re talking about not having with the abs door card? I’m pretty sure it’s attached to the back of the padded piece at the top. I’ll pull one tomorrow and post some pics.

7858F3A2-47F9-41C4-B5DA-CC6E43EB5560.jpeg

When I get around to mine I will use nut serts

Every door accessory can be transferred from the old land cruiser door panels? I have a 1997land cruiser and looking to buy the abs panels from the seller is Aus. Anyone have an idea if it was a perfect fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom