SOLD ABQ NM 1966 FJ40 Patina ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
1966 FJ40 this has a plate from 1970’s for NM. It’s been here pretty much all

Looks to be original paint. See pics. When the grounds dry I’ll crawl under it and take some more. But it’s clean underneath. Interior has surface rust but no rot spots. See rocker and sill pics, it’s clean.

the motor I can’t turn by hand. I am not sure if it’s seized or stuck. Starter was out when I bought it. Has oil, doesn’t look to have metal flakes.

Front axle is bent. On the drivers side. A spare housing comes with it. I assume it was no longer driven after it was damaged as it’s noticeable when pushing and would definitely be noticeable driving.

Seats are all there. Same with gas tank. I pulled it to wash it out.

what it needs:
Gone over, brakes, lights, motor freed or swapped, battery, fluids checked, ect.

Interior
is missing the FD knob, needs visors, glovebox hinge straightened, new seat covers. Rubber if you choose.

exterior
Axle swapped, lights, rear 1/2 window installed (I have it) good tires these are rollers. Hood is over to the drivers side 1/2-3/4 an inch. Looks like hinges are not set properly. I haven’t bothered loosening the hood or trying to adjust it. It’s different side to side at the cowl. By about 1/2 inch.

This is a PTO winch vehicle. The parts are there up to the radiator support. The winch itself is gone. I have no history on it. The front frame horn is cut on the passenger side. I’m guessing when someone stole the PTO winch.

I have no history on this Landcruiser other than it’s been sitting at least 20 years. Was part of a collection of about 20 total.

Title states original. Previous title line states storage lien. I purchased from a tow yard. This is the 5th I bought from him over the years.

this is a great candidate for a patina ride. If you don’t like the price I really don’t care. I think it’s reasonable. See the 67 that sold in a few days recently for $14.5k. Very easily. Yeah it’s drivable but this could be too for that money.

$10,000

Deposit necessary for me to hold it. I’ve sold cruisers to other memebers here along with a dumb amount of parts. Check my background if necessary. Last patina ride I sold here went to Texas and was a good transaction.

288FCC5F-5A22-40F9-98C3-F3A0BD07B1F3.jpeg

72E56127-C2EE-4CFC-9CEA-9FD447F18B90.jpeg

76EBAC82-CFA5-4946-A0F8-35A0AC646A3F.jpeg

F19C857E-8B55-4261-BFDF-04E5C20A52FE.jpeg

0956373A-FC5E-4F86-A66E-A5E908C4C9AC.jpeg

This should go quick at 10k, agreed perfect patina build potential

Good honest truck right here. Maybe some marvels mystery oil down all of her cylinders will be enough. Then brakes, hydraulics, tires, a little wiring; boom, solid patina’ed 40.

The want is strong with this one...good thing it’s far away from me

If she was a year younger, with corrugated sided, I likely would be your buyer.

Last edited:
PM sent

Nice truck! I'm no electrician but I think I could fix two of the tail light problems.
;)

Any more history about the front axle?

This looks like a really nice rig - I wish it was further away, like the East Coast, or Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom