Able to wire kill switch using stock antenna up button? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 fzj80 and since I bought it the antenna has never worked and I have no interest in repairing or replacing the broken antenna. Both antenna buttons are fully functional, its just that the antenna snapped before I bought it so i just leave it most of the way down where it is stuck. I was looking at installing a kill switch of some sorts so i was hoping someone with some serious 80 knowledge would be able to let me know if it is possible and if so, if they could point me in the right direction for how to install one. Thanks

Yeah, but it's not a latched switch, so you're going to have to come up with the electronics to make it work. Repurposing the switch itself is as simple as cutting the wires to it, or finding the correct Yazaki connector to plug into the switch, then use a multimeter to figure out which pins to connect to.

Why not just fix the antenna?

Hudd Expo makes a kill switch kit.
I don't really have any use for the antenna because I can still pick up my Bluetooth receiver frequency. I figured not much of a point for me to spend the money to get it fixed if I don't need it fixed for any reason. Ill check that kill switch out. I figured if possible it would be cool to just to have a repurposed antenna switch but if its not really an option then ill just go with the one you linked.

I make a nmo mount to replace the oem antenna . So you can use it for ham or gmrs.

I could also make a block off if you wanted.

The antenna switch is a momentary switch for up and down. You may be better off using a on off switch like a fog light or rear heater switch. With the hudd expo wiring, or your own.

I used my antenna switch for my in cab winch controls. up is in and down is out. It works quite well and was simple to wire in.

I bought one of these for the same application with a momentary factory switch for a different vehicle. FYI.

Switch Latching Relay,Mini 6-24V Flip-Flop Latch Relay Module Bistable Self-Locking Switch Low Pulse Trigger Board​

Amazon product ASIN B07VL9DBGT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom