A little b-day bling for my Crewzer (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are those wireless headphones?

Nah, just a little ear protection for when I let the big guns loose ;)

YouTube - Nathan Airchime K3HA Shop Test

fzjwiringdone5.JPG

Nice set up!

OK, here's the center channel I've been working on:

centerchannelhacked.JPG

Don't let the fleamarket brand name throw you, it's basically a discontinued 7 speaker Clarion SRK5 that's been rebadged as a Pyle and sold for half price :eek:

centerchannelhacked2.JPG

Had to hack the crap out of it and epoxy the two subs upsidedown (ghetto, I know), but it works just fine :cool:

centerchannelhacked3.JPG

centerchannelhacked4.JPG

centerchannelhacked5.JPG

centerchannelhacked6.JPG

centerchannelhacked7.JPG

centerchannelhacked8.JPG

centerchannelhacked9.JPG

centerchannelhacked10.JPG

centerchannelhacked11.JPG

centerchannelhacked12.JPG

centerchannelhacked13.JPG

centerchannelhacked14.JPG

centerchannelhacked15.JPG

centerchannelhacked16.JPG

centerchannelhacked17.JPG

Tried it out on a jump box and it sounds great :)

I'll install the amp in the quarter panel tomorrow...

man you are hardcore. So where is the generator mounted to run all the electronics and lights?

I let you alone for 3 weeks until I have a minute to check what's new in the forum, saw your PM, followed your link and you made my jaw fall streight down to the floor !!!!!

What you did to fit the center channel is amazing.

Regarding how much the receiver stick out in the dash against the OEM HU, I told you, is a lot.

Mine doesn't have the wood trim and since is the older dash model I hope it would look more concealed.

But now it makes me think that my slide out XAV-7W has a better view position for the passenger (and the driver !!!!!!) when compared with the XAV-1W but I got it already and is time to move on to a newer and better spec HU.

I didn't have yet a spare minute to work in my FZJ80, since I am working full time together with my new tenants to have ready the new store showroom which I hope will be in a couple of weeks.

They got already so many suspension kits, front bumpers and rear bumpers (both from aussies and local manufacturers), roof tents, lights (Hella, Light Force, PIAA) winchs (Warn,Ramsey, Iron Man), GPS, CB radios, and many many many other goodies and gadgets for all the Toyota's series available here but also for the latest Nissan Patrol, the Ford F-150 4X4 , Dodge Ram, and the Chevy's pickups and SUV's I hope they will blast every other 4 wheeler store in the country.

It has been years since I attended my last SEMA show but seems I will be already there this year make up to what I missed and help them to source the latest accesories as to sell here!!!!

Regarding how much the receiver stick out in the dash against the OEM HU, I told you, is a lot.

I'm actually working on a fix for this :idea:

There's still a bit of room behind the HU, so I'm gunna weld a center section onto another set of OEM brackets and drill new holes about half inch back to pull the HU flush with the trim :cool:

Heyco watertight plugs???????????????????????

what are those and why do I want them?

:cheers:

They're basically waterproof wiring grommets :cool:

I'm actually working on a fix for this :idea:

There's still a bit of room behind the HU, so I'm gunna weld a center section onto another set of OEM brackets and drill new holes about half inch back to pull the HU flush with the trim :cool:

Hope yo are right, cause as I recall it taked me an arm and leg to fit my XAV-7W all the way down (which seems to be deeper than the XAV-1W because of been the slide out type). I am not sure but believe the upper end has less clearance than the lower end at least on my older dash model.

I don't know about yours but mine has something that not many people know, a small OEM side fan, which blows air to cool the HU, ours didn't came with the power amp under the glovebox, meaning that the OEM high powered indash unit get's hot when keeping the volumen high.

What's your review regarding the HU display location and how the sun reflect on it ?

Yes, it has the little cooling fan behind it :cool:

I'm guessing it's heat activated cause when I did a bench test it didn't turn on :confused:

As for the screen, the position is fine and I sometimes tilt it up one notch on angle adjustment if I'm sitting upright...

Don't have any problems with glare, but then again, I'm running limo tint on top of the factory tint :doh:

Yes, it has the little cooling fan behind it :cool:

I'm guessing it's heat activated cause when I did a bench test it didn't turn on :confused:

As for the screen, the position is fine and I sometimes tilt it up one notch on angle adjustment if I'm sitting upright...

Don't have any problems with glare, but then again, I'm running limo tint on top of the factory tint :doh:

The fan should work only with the switch at the ignition position but not at the accesory position, as I guess you tested. It's very quiet but you can feel when on.

Please let me know if you were capable of moving it deeper inside the dash and post a picture.

The fan should work only with the switch at the ignition position but not at the accesory position, as I guess you tested. It's very quiet but you can feel when on.

Please let me know if you were capable of moving it deeper inside the dash and post a picture.

I bench tested it on a jumper box with both the power and accessory wires connected and didn't notice the fan spinning :hmm:

It's definitely possible to move the unit back, but because the stock mounts has a cutaway in the center and not much meat around the edges, they give very little to work with :doh:

If they had been solid, I would've just drilled new holes in them and set the HU back a little :cool:

Once I find another set of mounts to play with, I'll rip her out again....

Last edited:
I love it!
The back seat video is worth its weight in gold. I have just one in the rear "peanut gallery" so I use the portable, laptop DVD unit. With enough movies and a DVD unit, the "peanut gallery" is quiet.
I ran from the coast to northern Arizona one day, 14 hours of drivers seat time, without one peep from the "peanut gallery".
The only advantage of the single kid and portable unit is that I can plug the unit into hotel TV's and wear it out faster. I have used up three of them in three years, and don't regret any of them! They are priceless.

Who is the maker of the flip downs you installed? I really like that idea-you said $100 each on ebay?
I really like the rack as well-the vid on youtube w/ the horn blasts makes me giggle-the neighbors must love you on fourth of July

Who is the maker of the flip downs you installed? I really like that idea-you said $100 each on ebay?
I really like the rack as well-the vid on youtube w/ the horn blasts makes me giggle-the neighbors must love you on fourth of July

They don't have any specific maker stamped on them (just says TFT LCD), but I must say the picture quality is excellent and I still have yet to pull the protective skin off the screens :)

Mine were $199 for the pair, but I've seen the same 9" screens go for as low as $149 :cool:

Checkout Ebay seller "starbuck246", he has them in 3 colors (tan/gray/black)

If you don't mind going a little smaller, they also have 7" screens with BIN listings as low as $118 :)

As for my neighbors, they love the homeade fireworks show I put on every year :) (candles + hairspray + air rilfe = FUN!!)

The best is when the ball drops on new year's eve though (I empty the tanks on the rack lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom