A decade in the making. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, on the head unit, what is there presently? Most of the US 2004's I've seen have the HVAC controls integrated. There are solutions, and many threads on here about it, but just suggestion to take some time to figure out what you want to do. I -really- like the USA SPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Phone, Music & AUX Input Kit if you find you can't easily change out the head unit. Sound and microphone are just fine. Mr Toyota took a dark turn in the early 2000's when they started integrating the HVAC with the entertainment system.

Also, on the head unit, what is there presently? Most of the US 2004's I've seen have the HVAC controls integrated. There are solutions, and many threads on here about it, but just suggestion to take some time to figure out what you want to do. I -really- like the USA SPEC BT45-TOY Bluetooth Phone, Music & AUX Input Kit if you find you can't easily change out the head unit. Sound and microphone are just fine. Mr Toyota took a dark turn in the early 2000's when they started integrating the HVAC with the entertainment system.
Since it’s a ‘99 it has the 6 disc tape deck combo so putting a replacement in should be easy. I have an old unit sitting in my parents garage that was in another vehicle, so I may try to get it to work for the time being, although a back up camera unit would be nice.

I’m set to pick up some 4runner rims identical to the ones I have on my 4runner from a mud member this weekend...

Tempted to spend the money and get the front spacers so the tundra hub caps will cover.
Can’t help but look back when I walk away

C7553FF1-CA6B-43FB-B866-63A1CBEEA42F.jpeg

Did the sway bar link. Got a beck arnely since that is what was in stock. You can see the build quality between aftermarket and OEM.

The oil was last done by Toyota presumably because it has an oem filter, which is currently still stuck on the truck.
Oil itself looked abysmal. Who knows when it was last done. Seemed to be all 6ish quarts.

Also saw leaking here, is this due to the vcg leak or is this the steering rack in the death throws?

A5D05632-82F7-4425-8199-CDCD8719F1CA.jpeg

305A9256-3AAB-49B7-AA34-7F26111B81A7.jpeg

042EC341-A21F-47A6-ABA1-ADD3F7A157E0.jpeg

16294006-FF6E-4E5C-BAC3-CE87EEB6973C.jpeg

B37717ED-4C3B-470C-B750-B378C5C4F9FC.jpeg

It is a gold badge model, which I think i'm the only person on mud who likes them.

Wrong. Gold package is best package. I wish my LX had it.

That looks like a steering rack leak to me. But you also have a little grease seeping out of the CVs too.

You might be able to put some AT-205 into the rack and stop or slow the leak and buy you some time.

You mentioned in the first post that the pump is whining? Did you check/change the fluid? That may be where the leak is coming from too, check all the hoses. Mine recently needed a new clamp for one of the hoses off the tank and was seeping down the hose.

Do you have the poem Toyota hub caps? The OEM caps will fit on Tundra wheels
I tried but it looks like these wheels dip in so the OEM cap can't clear the dust shields, whereas the original wheels go out a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom