96 LX450 re-Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Wife's Rig is in the shop getting a face lift and I need to know about the gaskets/pads that go between the body molding and body (on the doors, behind the fender extensions on forward fender and quarter panel). I have the fender extension pads and Lexus doesn't have a expanded view that shows these "body molding" pads, but my auto body guy says he removed some "ol' dry rotted gasket material" can anyone lead me to a source (part numbers) or straighten me out on this?

Thanks ahead of time,

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Hello all,

Wife's Rig is in the shop getting a face lift and I need to know about the gaskets/pads that go between the body molding and body (on the doors, behind the fender extensions on forward fender and quarter panel). I have the fender extension pads and Lexus doesn't have a expanded view that shows these "body molding" pads, but my auto body guy says he removed some "ol' dry rotted gasket material" can anyone lead me to a source (part numbers) or straighten me out on this?

Thanks ahead of time,

View attachment 1442883

View attachment 1442884
A lot of what appears to be gasket material is actually double sided sticky tape! I just had my LX 450 drivers side fender off. their was some weather stripping on the flare part, but the sticky tape on the downside vertical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom