’94 Supercharger Install with 7th Injector to Cure Lean Condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Runs great! Very happy with the setup.
I'm not really considering a kit but would be glad to help out if needed.
The only custom parts needed would be the riser nipple for the fuel rail and maybe the sandwich plate if you did not want to go with hacked throttle body method.

Just curiosity - how does that 7th injector stay firmly in place? Maybe due to flow, but curious why you went with a standard injector instead of a purpose built "cold start injector" found on earlier years.

Pretty common mod on late 80's supercharged mr2's when they bump up the pulley.... although the CSI is already installed, they'll use what's called a 'gruntbox'... I would imagine it would be pretty easy to modify a gruntbox to work as well.

The top fuel rail (aluminum block) is screwed to the sandwich plate (or throttle body in the pictures) and the injector floats between them and is sealed with o-rings on each end, just like the main injectors. I used standard injectors because I got a set for free.

The top fuel rail (aluminum block) is screwed to the sandwich plate (or throttle body in the pictures) and the injector floats between them and is sealed with o-rings on each end, just like the main injectors. I used standard injectors because I got a set for free.

1FZj80,

The post is great! thank you!

Please pardon my lack of knowledge of the subject, but would like to ask a few questions.

1. In regards to any specific programming or tuning of the split second enricher, do you have the programing configurations that you could share? I'm attempting to pursue the same configuration, but without a dyne or EGT or any other gauges.?

2. Have you made any enhancements to the initial setup that is now a few years old? could you share those changes?

Thank you!

P

i have not had the need to make any changes form the original setup.
it has been running great since the original installation.
i have the original 'fuel map' i could provide. it will be meaningless file unless you have the split second software.
if you pm me your email i can send you a copy.
however, i do strongly recommend getting a AFR and EGT gauge if you are going to install a SC. it will be impossible to tune otherwise.

i have not had the need to make any changes form the original setup.
it has been running great since the original installation.
i have the original 'fuel map' i could provide. it will be meaningless file unless you have the split second software.
if you pm me your email i can send you a copy.
however, i do strongly recommend getting a AFR and EGT gauge if you are going to install a SC. it will be impossible to tune otherwise.

I tried sending you a message but get an error saying your inbox is full. You can send me a PM and I can reply back to your email if you provide it in the PM. I can also post my email here, if that works better.

thanks for the help.

i finally got around to making a legitimate sandwich plate.
also made a few changes to the fuel map, otherwise running great after ~8-years.

IMG_20200415_122558.jpg
IMG_20200415_144551.jpg

With your newer design, has your pyrometer temps changed at any particular load or RPM range under load or over longer periods of time, or was this more a ‘better mousetrap 2.0’ -type change?

Do you tow at all, or operate in a thin air/high altitude & was that the situation that led you to going to a full 7th injector?

With your newer design, has your pyrometer temps changed at any particular load or RPM range under load or over longer periods of time, or was this more a ‘better mousetrap 2.0’ -type change?

Do you tow at all, or operate in a thin air/high altitude & was that the situation that led you to going to a full 7th injector?

the '93-'94 is OBD I and runs lean without additional fuel. i solved this issue by adding an additional injector.
fuel map change is just to improve AFR over range of rpm/boost. i just made a few slight improvements.

This is pretty cool! It is the same idea I came up with during my thoughts of putting a turbo on my 93.
Using your sandwich plate minus the hose boss sandwiched between the TB and the intake would be great!

1FZJ80 helped me reproduce his setup in my 94 Land Cruiser and it works like magic. No issues at all and runs great. I did add the Spark Plugs recommended for SC’d fzj80s and the Orange Fan Clutch, both sold by wits end.

i have already driven my LC roughly ~5000 miles, and I love!

Thank you 1FZJ80!!

2616B4F0-DFD8-4699-B1B4-4E933926ADD0.jpeg

would you be willing to help/share with yet another with a 94'?
I just purchased the drive line from a 94' that so happen to come with a TRD SC on it. the engine starts/runs great but, didn't have anyway to drive it (someone else got the axles). I don't have any experience with forced induction so i have been reading this and that. there are thread on adding fuel before the supercharger and also after. but everything pointed to adding more fuel to the 1FZFE. ther are several models of the split second enricher (a little confused about which model i would need). I have more question than answers at the moment. but, it is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom