94 MAF Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in the Maryland area have a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor I can borrow to test against mine. OR anyone know who can rebuild them, no one has them. Mechanic think this the problem

94 LC, Items replaced, Plugs, wires, cap, rotor. To be replaced fuel filter sock and fuel filter. Air/oil separator installed and cleared high idle and wiring (EGR/Fusible link) was checked.

LC starts fine. When the engine is cold or hot, the engine just stumbles, feels like its a fuel problem. Push on the pedal and rpm's do not change, can only go 5-15 mph.

Issue is gone for several days/weeks, nothing consistent when it will happen.

Any thoughts?

Your mechanic "thinks" the MAF is faulty? It's either bad or it isn't and the FSM has an easy to follow procedure for testing the MAF with a multimeter.

If you actually end up needing one, keep a close eye on rigs being parted out here and CL and where ever else you can think of. They are out there.

@baldilocks I cant find my service manual at this time. Where can I download one from. Is there a way you cn fowards a copy of that part to me ?

First you don't have a maf in your 94 unless you converted it. You have different style sensor vaf , so you can either get used one from junk yard or well that's it cause Toyota no longer makes it. Do not touch the two screws in it or you will fxxx it up. You prob have a throttle position sensor going out or air leak somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom