For Sale 93 FZJ80 Rebuilt 1FZ-FE Orion 4:1 / 6-spd manual Tacoma RA60 Transmission / Locked axles - Boston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling because I currently have bigger fish to fry, motivated. Tons of pics in the build thread links below. It doesn't come with the 37s pictured, it has some 15" Tacoma rims with snow tires on it currently. No winch but has the mounting plate on the frame already. It was a CT vehicle originally and has very little surface rust, if any. I can take pics of specific areas. $old. Boston. PM for contact/info.

As far as the work it needs,
-the passenger window is not on its track and it needs to be put back on.
-needs new TPS, typical acceleration hesitation sometimes.
-some of the interior panels are not installed
-headlights dont want to come on, the relay is brand new, it's getting power and can be bypassed to ensure the lights work, the issue is somewhere between the switch and the relay, I haven't checked the relay by the footwell.
-needs new front rotors, has a slight warpage, can feel it during braking.

~2-3k miles on motor since rebuild below. 4.6L 1FZ-FE. Details on build below.

Engine
  • Block, completely disassembled, hot tanked. Top of block skimmed/milled flat, bump compression to about 10:1. Bored.
  • New OEM 1.0mm OS pistons
  • New OEM freeze plugs installed
  • Two block heaters
  • Each piston was measured and then a bore/hole was honed for it
  • Crank, polished, cleaned
  • New OEM Main and rod bearings
  • All bearings were moly coated by Swaintech
  • New OEM Oil pump. Blue printed and ported. Oil pump bearing moly coated by Swaintech
  • NEW OEM Rod Bolts. Rods stock
  • New OEM Main bolts
  • ARP studs/Nuts, Head bolts
  • New OEM Gasket set - every single gasket and seal on the engine
  • New OEM Timing chain and guides
  • New OEM Tensioner
  • New Aisin Waterpump. Ported water pump housing
  • New OEM Toyota valve seals
  • Cylinder head. Machined flat. cleaned, inspected. Valve job performed. Light port job on all intake and exhaust ports. Combustion chambers lightly polished
  • Intake manifold, completely ported. Cut in half to perform porting, welded back together
  • NGK wires
  • New OEM cap and plugs
  • Exhaust. Dual front to back 2.25" 304 SS. Borla mufflers. Exhaust is routed over the frame.
  • New OEM Coolant hoses, every single hose replaced, even rear heater
  • New OEM Radiator
  • New OEM PS Pump, custom cooler, Redline D4 fluid
  • 150A Tundra Alternator. Alternator case clearanced for bracket. HD wire run to battery.
  • Dual battery trays

Transmission

• Almost new Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 6 speed. Came from a vehicle that was wrecked on the first test drive. Redline MTL
  • Custom HD Flywheel
  • Clutch, stock Tacoma X-runner
  • Pedal assembly custom built with mini truck parts
  • New Aisin FJ60 Master cylinder
  • New Aisin slave cylinder
  • Rebuilt OEM Starter

Transfer Case

• Advance Adapters FJ40 Orion, 4:1
  • Custom twin stick cable shift
  • Custom aluminum billet Adapter

Axles / Suspension

• Axles rebuilt about ~3k miles ago
  • Knuckles, rebuilt
  • 4.88 Gears
  • New OEM bearings
  • Longfield CV Joints
  • Poly Performance axle shafts up front.
  • Aisin Hubs
  • Custom Driveshafts. Upper double cardan joints front and rear. Tubes made from .125" wall steel.
  • Coils ARB/OME. Shocks dual Koni 30 series mono tube, adjustable rebound, 10" travel. Bumps stops lowered 2". Shock mounts lowered 2" to regain the travel in droop.
  • Adjustable caster on front axle via cam bolts.
I bought it from Brian Jowett (bjowett) about a year ago and haven't had the time to finish the build. Below you will find links to Brian's build threads.

FZJ80 + Taco 6 speed + Orion
Winter hi-po engine project

fzj80.jpg
fzj802.jpg
fzj803.jpg
P1010427_0.JPG
P1010504_0.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I've been driving it around town for a year now, 1FZ with a manual is a lot of fun. I suppose I could make a video of it running and driving, will try to make a short video this weekend.

@aMiR904 - is that price delivered to bourbon country?
what does the interior look like man - thanks

I'll take some pics and make a video this weekend, should be nice and crazy warm. Interior panels for the front door and rear cargo area were removed by PO, haven't put them back on yet.

This has peeked my interest as it did years ago when I saw it on MUD. Could you send me a picture or two of how the shifter and Orion TC sticks fit in the center console as well as the cross member and exhaust config. I may consider using the drive train and/or adding my components (interior) to this if the interior works. I have a 96 with 255K running great but prefer a standard for DD. Do the 4:88 have the factor e-lockers not some other locker? Does the new transfer case run the full time 4x4 still or is it only part time. How straight is the body? I'm in CT so transportation could work. Would like to consider options. Send PM.

I'll take pics this weekend and post. Most of the interior is there, just the pass side door panel is off and cargo panels are off, but they are sitting in the back.

Factory, Toyota, OEM, electric lockers, Front and Rear, working as they should.

Part time 4wd with manual hubs.

Thanks, I read the posts from the built. Do you know if the 96 80 series OBDII computer would just hook up to this engine/trans if it were dropped in? I have a great overland platform now but was looking for 4.88's at some time and a 6spd would be just sweet if it all works without to many compromises. Does the new engine build/6spd provide any mpg gains or mostly power/drivability and fun.

I believe its a OBD1 compliant harness, so OBDII wouldn't work, maybe someone else knows better. I never measured the mpg gains/losses.

sold, going to a good home where it will be used as intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom