.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alignment is a likely cause, but just as likely are the spacers.

Easy way to test: Remove the spacers and go for a test drive. That should help you narrow it down.

- Brian

I had the same shake with spacers. Tried repositioning and torquing, but no luck. Got rid of em and bought proper offset wheels. Smooth as glass again.

I have had no issues with spacers. I am currently running the spidertrax 1.25" spacers with no issues. Spidertrax is one of the more reliable spacer suppliers out there. If it is a spacer issue I would contact them.

I ran all pro hub centric spacers( similar to spider trax) for four years with no issues from the spacers. I have the same suspension set up you do and recommend you get the alignment first thing. Mine was way off after the lift. The only time I have had issues with vibration was solved by road force balancing.

Thank you for all the help guys. Going to start with new tires and an alignment here soon. Will keep this updated. I know it was dumb to not align the truck after the lift.

Also check your tie rods, wheel bearings, etc. Any minor play in those components are magnified with spacers.

Alright everyone, thank you again for all of your help here. The wheel bearing ended up getting pretty loud on the drivers side front, replaced that along with a new hub assemble (they couldn't press the old bearing out to reuse the old hub). I have also had an alignment, new TRD wheels and new 265/70 Nitto Terragrapplers since then. I still have this damn vibration @60-70MPH. Everything else feels solid on the truck. I just don't get it. Do I need to pull the Spider Trax spacers off? I really hate how the truck looks without them! Just bummed.

Not to ask a dumb question, but what do the spacers really gain once you put them on a vehicle? Obviously different width tires, but is a wider tire the way to go for better traction?
Thoughts?

Not to ask a dumb question, but what do the spacers really gain once you put them on a vehicle? Obviously different width tires, but is a wider tire the way to go for better traction?
Thoughts?

Just a wider "stance" or track. You could argue it makes the truck feel slightly more controlled/stable around the moderate pavement corners. These aren't cheap s***ty spacers either, they are hubcentric/bolt right to the hub.

A wider tire for off road applications does not necessarily equal better traction. Quite the contrary sometimes. It all depends on how serious of an off roader you really are. This truck see's light trails/mud/snow and not a ton of serious off roading.

Or just take them all off (no reason to run them with those wheels anyway) and see if the shaking goes away. If you're talking about vibration in the steering wheel thats going to happen when you lift a ifs truck especially when you haven't upgraded any other suspension components.

Or just take them all off (no reason to run them with those wheels anyway) and see if the shaking goes away. If you're talking about vibration in the steering wheel thats going to happen when you lift a ifs truck especially when you haven't upgraded any other suspension components.

Thanks Scat, yeah I just love how they look to be honest. I guess I have to take them off :/

I totally should have specified the "vibration". The steering wheel does slightly shake back and forth a bit but so does the truck as well.

Have you checked your diff supports in the front? If they crack you will have a mystery vibration for sure.

Have you checked your diff supports in the front? If they crack you will have a mystery vibration for sure.

I have not. Without inconveniencing anyone too much; any pics for what to look for? Are they rubberized mounts if you will that deteriorate?

SIMPLE

Take what spacers off. It's your most likely culprit. Then rotate tires if it's still there. See if it moves to the back. I doubt it's tires/balance as you already had two sets on the GX. You cold reinstall the spacers in pairs after running with out them. See if you can find the culprit.

For the record. On my gx. OEM wheels. 265/70/16 tires. Zero shaking in the wheel.

SIMPLE

Take what spacers off. It's your most likely culprit. Then rotate tires if it's still there. See if it moves to the back. I doubt it's tires/balance as you already had two sets on the GX. You cold reinstall the spacers in pairs after running with out them. See if you can find the culprit.

For the record. On my gx. OEM wheels. 265/70/16 tires. Zero shaking in the wheel.

Alright, I'll start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom