For Sale 9.5" E-Locker Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For sale is a complete third member with actuator, wiring, and relay box.
Came out of the rear end of a 1999 Toyota Landcruiser (UJZ-100 or FJ-100). Last year of the E-Locker in the Land Cruiser.

From the research I did, this 9.5" third member should swap into any FJ axle (FJ40, FJ80, FJ82) with minor modification to the housing.
Great locker because it keeps your vehicle street driveable, and with the 9.5" ring gear it will take a beating.

I will upload pictures shortly.
I believe the ratio is 4.30:1, but I will confirm.

Great condition, no shavings on the magnetic drain plug. Vehicle was in a front end collision, so the rear end was unscathed.

Asking $900.
I can include the axle shafts for an additional $200 if you would like.

Only trade I will consider is for a complete 8" E-locker.

Just to note any truck besides a 100 series will need custom axle shafts due the diff's 32-spline found only on in that series.

The axle shafts won't fit anything but a 100 series. This piece as is only works for a 100 series.

Well consider me schooled.
Price drop to $600 without axle shafts then.

My real preference would be trade for an 8" E-locker.

2015-11-29 14.10.52.jpg

2015-11-29 14.10.58.jpg

Believe there are least two types of 8" E-lockers. One for Tacoma/4Runner/FJ Cruiser and one for the FZJ80 which is high pinion and reverse cut ring gear.

Is the 100 series E-locker as big as the one from the FZJ80? If do they share the same bolt pattern on the flange and a side gears and locking collar could be switched to 30 spline? Personally I thought the 100 series was smaller. Not 8" but smaller than the 80 series.

I am not certain if anyone has tried swapping the side gears, but assumably they should swap. If that is the case, that makes for a pretty easy conversion from 32 spline to 30 spline.

As for your question on the trade - I'll take high or low pinion 8". Both mate up to my mini-truck axles.

Still not sure if only a few parts are different between the 80 and 100 locking diff. Doing a little parts searching it looks the housing could be the same but the carriers have a different part numbers. Side gears are have different spline count so different parts numbers. Not knowing if they could switch into the other carrier and switching ring and pinion just to many unknowns. Cost of switching and work involve probably not worth it. Was hoping if someone had done they might chime in.

As for running a high pinion diff in the rear I believe the reverse cut ring and pinion would be weaker running in the rear. Thought the reason they were able to make the front diff smaller on the 80 series was the reverse cut ring and pinion? The 8" rear E-locker should be easier to find then the 80 series rear E-locker. See them pop up on CL time to time. Picked one up for my third generation 4Runner not to long ago at pretty good price. Been searching for a second 80 series rear E-locker diff for a lot longer. Usually selling the whole axle or shipping kills the deal. Will be running them in a 40 series so only need the diff.

I'm interested and have a FJ Cruiser rear E locker.

But I'd like to know if the axle will fit the front of a FJ60 (or 40) and what I need to do.

Still not sure if only a few parts are different between the 80 and 100 locking diff. Doing a little parts searching it looks the housing could be the same but the carriers have a different part numbers. Side gears are have different spline count so different parts numbers. Not knowing if they could switch into the other carrier and switching ring and pinion just to many unknowns. Cost of switching and work involve probably not worth it. Was hoping if someone had done they might chime in.

As for running a high pinion diff in the rear I believe the reverse cut ring and pinion would be weaker running in the rear. Thought the reason they were able to make the front diff smaller on the 80 series was the reverse cut ring and pinion? The 8" rear E-locker should be easier to find then the 80 series rear E-locker. See them pop up on CL time to time. Picked one up for my third generation 4Runner not to long ago at pretty good price. Been searching for a second 80 series rear E-locker diff for a lot longer. Usually selling the whole axle or shipping kills the deal. Will be running them in a 40 series so only need the diff.

Do you have an 80 3rd member?
I can measure the bearing diameter of the side gear and that should give us a pretty good idea if the side gears are interchangeable.

I bet Christo would know...

imag0988-jpg.1140806

This is the e-locker third

Last edited:
It came out of an auto FJ Cruiser, so chances are 3.7

But I can check.

I also think they are "described" as 8.2" ring gears. But from what I understand, they will fit mini housings.

Yes, this should fit a 99 LX470.

Last edited:
its 99 LX470 and for some reason i cannot find any information on forum if someone did it in LX470. does anyone could help?

I meant LX470. Drivetrain wise the LX470 and 100 series are the same. Suspension is different and some minor trim details but the heart of the beast is the same.

Can anyone help me with finding wiring diagram for uzj100 e locker and process how to install to 99 lx470.

Is this still available and is the price still $900? Also, does it include the dash switch and wiring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom