83 BJ42 Project updates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Geez. got an extra snorkel, pm me with details

Thanks! I've actually got a snorkel already that I'm hoping to get rid of eventually. Thank you though!

Are these people on 'mud that you've been dealing with? Google searches didn't help me, haha. I'm not familiar with either of those folks! Definitely could use ebrake cables, among other random odds and ends.

Beno on mud...PM me I will fill you in on how he helps us save money.

The parts guy is @beno who is in Atlanta. He has a continuous build thread in the 70 Series
Section. He won't sell under $100 worth of parts now as he is too busy. But he is a wealth of information
and works at Toyota and has made it his mission to provide all knowledge regarding Toyota Parts, and
can immediately let you if parts are available or obsolete (which can be just as useful)
He does offer MUD discounts.

Tailgate installed... Super stoked! Things are coming along here.

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

I'd like to drop by and check out the action. That is really looking good now. J

Thanks folks. Good eye there, that is an oem tach! Pretty excited to have that.

Hey, you working on the truck this weekend? I'd like to drop by and check out your work.
Text me if you can, four oh three 5 85 three 8 two five I'm just over in Cassidy

Thanks! I've actually got a snorkel already that I'm hoping to get rid of eventually. Thank you though!

Are these people on 'mud that you've been dealing with? Google searches didn't help me, haha. I'm not familiar with either of those folks! Definitely could use ebrake cables, among other random odds and ends.
Yes he is most definitly a solid vendor maybe the best track of all...

Didn't have a super productive long weekend, but got the front clip figured out for the most part. Having pre-fit everything prior to paint makes this part of the process super satisfying though!
IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1596.PNG
I had trouble making this gap look good. shiming the front bib up at the hinge made it a lot better

is your trans tunnel cover going to line up? They don't seem to work with the h55f.

is your trans tunnel cover going to line up? They don't seem to work with the h55f.

They made me one for the H55, but it doesn't fit very nicely. Its taken a bit of re-jiggering.

And yeah, I was wondering if I should shim it up a bit more than the weird leather cushion its supposed to have haha. I think I'm going to put a bit of starboard under the hinge to squash the gap back. Doesn't help that my hinge is super sloppy.. Although, I'm not totally sure how they're supposed to be so I'm loath to order another.

Mine have all been sloppy as well, not sure if they were from the start.

The one I just pulled off a 72 is cast not folded steel, and also sloppy...

Enjoying this a lot. Great colour, too. Front anti-inversion shackles are on the wrong way but maybe you already knew that.

Mine have all been sloppy as well, not sure if they were from the start.

The one I just pulled off a 72 is cast not folded steel, and also sloppy...

Ah, that makes me feel a bit better about it. I'll probably give the starboard a try.

Enjoying this a lot. Great colour, too. Front anti-inversion shackles are on the wrong way but maybe you already knew that.

Thanks! Yea I know the shackles are wrong, haha. They were like that when I got it, but since there are so many cooler things to do, flipping them around is fairly far down the list now.

Did a bunch of small things today.. Only had a couple hours but tried to make the best of it.

Got the fuel tank sender installed and the tank fitted with the powder coated skid plate ready to go back in. Also got the back half of the wiring harness installed along with the marker lights. Oh, and got the power steering lines installed.

This phase of the project has largely involved decluttering the shop so I can actually think about what I'm doing. I've done most of the work to this point inside a tent in the driveway of my place down island, so I've got stuff piled everywhere since the move. Now, I'm really needing to focus on major and less visually appealing stuff.. Like brake lines..

OH! And does anyone have a late model steering column they would like to part with? Mine sucks.

everytime I look at my dash, it looks incomplete without an oem tach. That thing is awesome. Every now and again, I also get a turboner. Someday...

EBI (Steve) may have a column for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom