Builds 82 first Gen Project (RECON) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

14910573_1310250619005826_2840585238977559216_n.jpg

14956050_1310251212339100_1275354300240005939_n.jpg

14906985_1310251249005763_895955855690236872_n.jpg

Thanks Stan

I am having a hell of a hard time with these links to post the pictures up.

Not sure what is up with photobucket.

You don't need photobucket. woody purposely made it so you can directly upload to ih8mud.

I am less than savy when it comes to keeping up with electronics to say the least. The easy way to get photos on the internet for me is via the company Facebook account. Once there I can link that address on forums etc. Down side is that the photos are only supported for so long by Facebook.

I have used Flicker in the past but going the Facebook route is easier on my end.

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG
Sorry for the delays. I have been working overseas and just recently moved to NC.
I did manage to pick up truck where it had been for about 1.5 years and moved it to my new garage in NC.

IMG_2143.JPG
Another update:
The project stalled because of driveshafts but I am picking up some oem shafts today and have them resized, balanced and rebuilt tomorrow. Also need to go pick up some new tires now. Going to go with 33x10.5 on stock steal rims.
The truck finally in my garage.

Drive shafts going to the driveshaft shop tomorrow to get rebuilt and resized.

Need to put fluids in
Transmission
Transfer case
Front dif
Rear dif
Brake system
Power steering

Also scored two doors that are way better than the ones that I have on the truck. So going to cut up the originals for half doors and keep the new ones.

Ok new drive shafts are installed, the maiden voyage should be this weekend.

After the initial test drive

To do list:
Interior
ARB switches installed
Sound deadening
Radio
12volt outlets

Misc.
Weld up a new battery cage
Replace old radiator with new oem
Replace all new radiator hoses with new aftermarket hoses
Finish the cable for the new driveshaft park break.
Weld up new shock mount for rear.

I will post up pics later of the truck out of he garage on its own power.

FINALLY!!!

I remember that day. Congrats!

Well things did not go as planned.

First, I could not get the truck to stay on for more than 10 seconds. Something is wrong with the carb but not really sure what.

Second, the spring on the garage door snapped in half so now I can't open the garage door even if I would have gotten the truck started.

Luckily the garage door guy is coming this morning to get the door fixed.

I will still have to figure out the carb issue though, and I'm no mechanic so will see how that works out.

IMG_2297.PNG

Has anybody ever used this fuel injection kit?

At this point I have 4 options

Rebuild stock Toyota carb, run it until I have more issues. (No expense, I have he rebuild kit in garage)

Replace stock carb with Weber, run it until have more issues (cost of new weber, around $500?)

Replace carb system with fuel injection system above ( cost of system between $1k-$1.4k, but I get the benefit of fuel injection assuming the kit is as good as promised

Don't put any more money into the 22r and just figure out a cost effective way to put a 3rz in there and be done with it. (Cost -???) but def more time involved.

Or you could get an efi setup off of a later truck and it'll bolt right up the your 22r with the exception of the knock sensor

I'd rebuild the carb now, get it running and decide if you want to go a different route later.

IMG_2314.JPG
Thanks for the replies fellas. Did some research on YouTube on carb adjustments. Was able to get it started and drive it out of the garage under its own power. It won't run for long but I'm still happy. Will do more research and keep messing with it until I get it running correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom