81 BJ42 - I have to bring it home and pass inspection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope. I'll bring a white hardhat Saturday and watch you guys work.
image-2712096319.jpg

During the flight in to Victoria. Nice day for flying.
image-1964762901.jpg
image-1966410797.jpg
image-3930174831.jpg

So how far should a 42 go on a full tank?

Furthermore, how do you tell how far you went without an odometer or a fuel gauge?
image-3842993657.jpg

Waiting for the last Ferry at 9:00pm local at Schwartz Bay terminal.

Cruising at 90kph on flatish grade and 27C ambient temp this is the temp gauge. I had it up to where it was just kissing the warning line while on the Malahat.
image-66083094.jpg
image-825626690.jpg

The odometer is stuck at 178989 km and 1/10th km drum spins. Common from what I've read on MUD.

The fuel gauge is grounding or has a broken connection cuz its pegged below E

The amp gauge is......uh..... there.

The temp gauge seems to function perfectly, though who knows at what scale.

The low beam headlights were both working earlier but now the right only works on highbeam.

There is a short somewhere in the right side signal. The rear does not illuminate and that side won't flash.

I get enogh heat up through the floor ( and I do mean THROUGH the floor) that at first I was convinced the heater was on. But its not.

All in all..... perfect!!
image-3678020358.jpg

Nice pictures. Everytime I take that flight to vancouver and look down at the incredible amount of huge uninhabited mountains on the way Im thinking to myself, "bigfoot could totally live all over the place their and nobody would have a clue!"

If your going out saturday so am I. Im not 100% sure on the route out so Im getting kevin macaroni to stop by and grab some stuff and give me properish directions. If your planning to head out saturday morning maybe Ill convoy with ya.

Last edited:
Can you drive slow enough?

I'm heading out Sat morning with the 'burb. Lets meet up somewhere.

Maybe at the side of the Crowchild just north of the Stony Trail interchange.

What time?

The guy in the heep was totally eyeballing the 42 but didn't want me to notice
image-3569059514.jpg

45Kevin said:
I'm heading out Sat morning with the 'burb. Lets meet up somewhere.

Maybe at the side of the Crowchild just north of the Stony Trail interchange.

What time?

That sounds easier than Friday night for me. I'll see how my progress is tonight.

8:00 ?

The odometer is stuck at 178989 km and 1/10th km drum spins. Common from what I've read on MUD.

The fuel gauge is grounding or has a broken connection cuz its pegged below E

The amp gauge is......uh..... there.

The temp gauge seems to function perfectly, though who knows at what scale.

The low beam headlights were both working earlier but now the right only works on highbeam.

There is a short somewhere in the right side signal. The rear does not illuminate and that side won't flash.

I get enogh heat up through the floor ( and I do mean THROUGH the floor) that at first I was convinced the heater was on. But its not.

All in all..... perfect!!

Looking like a good trip, never got to drive it myself other than my buddy driving it to the shop for the fluid flush, while I followed him. Sorry did not know about the Odometer or amps... I would say the rad needs a recore.

Rob

Radd Cruisers said:
Looking like a good trip, never got to drive it myself other than my buddy driving it to the shop for the fluid flush, while I followed him. Sorry did not know about the Odometer or amps... I would say the rad needs a recore.

Rob

Oh, no worries Rob, its all good. The odometer is likely just gummed up and can be cleaned to free it up. The amp gauges in these 40 series never really do anything. A volt meter would be more useful.

The rad fluid is a decent green color now, not brown as I think you mentioned in an email. But it should be cooling better than it is I think. I'll get her home where I can try and diagnose over time.

45Kevin said:

Should be ok but we'll know more in about 8 hours
image-4226003394.jpg
image-2889710499.jpg
image-2315877919.jpg

Custom floorboards courtesy of the brochure rack on deck 5
image-2256476617.jpg

Passing Abby
image-380101991.jpg

34L of fuel from Nanaimo to Hope
image-1690638667.jpg
image-1462127479.jpg