Builds 80s Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been on here for a bit. Time to start contributing.

Can't wait!

The Beginning... 97 FZJ bone stock. 230k

IMG_1290.JPG

Garage install of OME J springs front and 2" lift springs in rear + new extended shocks. Big thanks to my little bro for helping me out. The thing was pretty rusted out so there was many questionable torch events with a fire extinguisher close by. Overall a fairly easy install with lots of elbow grease and BFH's

IMG_1305.JPG

Finding my bearings had gone bad. Replaced from cruiser outfitters in Utah. Guys are great
IMG_1574.JPG

New meats. Wheels from Trail Worthy Fab. Military Goodyears. Spent about $1000 for the setup but now I can buy 37's for $150/per. Roasting tires doesn't hurt as much on the red rocks. Also added sliders I built from .120 1 3/8 DOM tubing. Getting ready for a much needed makeover.
IMG_1902.JPG

Also I hated the look of the head lights so a little youtube education and I figured out how to separate the glass from the housing. Painted the interior flat surface black and love the new look. Gives it that retro look but still have good lights in the front.

Need to upload the rest of my pics. Be back tomorrow.

Ha, just bumped your like count past you posts count. Just for the fun of giving likes.
You are bating past 1000.

What BS did you go with on the wheels?
How does your dad open up his hood with that front bumper?

Garage install of OME J springs front and 2" lift springs in rear + new extended shocks. Big thanks to my little bro for helping me out. The thing was pretty rusted out so there was many questionable torch events with a fire extinguisher close by. Overall a fairly easy install with lots of elbow grease and BFH's

View attachment 1537321

This picture cracks me up. The 3 main tools on your workbench are must haves to work on the 80 series:
1. Hatchet
2. Torch
3. Sawzall
Only thing missing is a 6 foot long pry bar. :wrench::wrench::wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom