80 series stuck in neutral, won't drive. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, I've recently bought a 96 gxl cruiser with part time 4wd. I was out 4wding the other week when I stopped to press the cdl switch I lost all drive, car would select all gears but would just rev. I've had the gearbox out and everything is fine. The actuator works perfectly but still think it might be electrical. Anyone else had the same issue?

It sounds like youre well cersed enough to check here first but are You certain the drivetrain is not moving?

Just curious. A stripped drive flange would allow it to rev but no progress however the axles and prop shafts will be rotating. Probably make a lil racket.

The drive flange is all good, checked that. When it happened it didn't make any grinding noise or nothing which makes me think it's stuck in neutral. I bought it off a family member who owned it for 12yrs and he never had any issues.

dumb question... you sure the T-case didn't get bumped into neutral? (maybe when switching from low to high range, it didn't get all the way into high)

dumb question... you sure the T-case didn't get bumped into neutral? (maybe when switching from low to high range, it didn't get all the way into high)
I was in H2 driving along (with hubs locked in) I stopped before a sandy hill and pressed the centre diff lock button to engage 4wd (still in High Range. Went to take off and it wouldn't move. Then I tried everything and still nothing.

It sounds like youre well cersed enough to check here first but are You certain the drivetrain is not moving?

Just curious. A stripped drive flange would allow it to rev but no progress however the axles and prop shafts will be rotating. Probably make a lil racket.

The drive flange is all good, checked that. When it happened it didn't make any grinding noise or nothing which makes me think it's stuck in neutral. I bought it off a family member who owned it for 12yrs and he never had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom