80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sprung a leak on a lower coolant hose(I think it's a coolant hose atleast). I'm no mechanic and I can't find a diagram with this hose number. The one circled is the one leaking. It on the driver side behind the starter. Can anyone identify these hoses? @beno
IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG

If coolant is coming out of it, it'd be likely it's a rear heater hose......I just can't remember exactly where those are on an 80 (but I also can't think of another reason coolant would be in a rubber hose at the back of the engine). Follow the steel pipe it connects to and see if it goes into the floor board a little further back.

RR heater hose piping goes on the RH/PS side of an 80 series.

Looks like the auto tranny cooler lines.

But that wouldn't have coolant coming out of it. Wonder if it is dripping from above and pooling there?

Reactions: JTU
RR heater hose piping goes on the RH/PS side of an 80 series.

Looks like the auto tranny cooler lines.

But that wouldn't have coolant coming out of it. Wonder if it is dripping from above and pooling there?

I thought they were tranny cooler lines as wel but green fluid is leaking out and my tranny has Toyota red in it. As best I can tell it is leaking where the rubber line meets the metal line, it doesn't appear to be dripping from above the lines.

Trans cooler lines. Your coolant leak is coming from higher up. Its either the PHH, throttle body coolant line or an external head gasket leak.

It could very well be that hose leaking there. Mine leaked at that spot, so I cut a little off and pushed it further on. Seems that the metal hose clamp actually wore a hole in it.

Looking for a white 80 series driver door . Lexus preferably.
Let me know.

I've replaced both of these hoses recently

May not be related to this leak, but it's a good reminder that if you have an 80 and haven't bypassed the rear heater yet, be thinking about doing it. Matter of time until those lines leak.

May not be related to this leak, but it's a good reminder that if you have an 80 and haven't bypassed the rear heater yet, be thinking about doing it. Matter of time until those lines leak.

Was just debating on removing the rear heater on the LX450 to mount my new Ham radio under the seat. I guess it's best to loop the lines up at the firewall?

Pulling out of the garage i thought i closed my door.. crunch.

Bent it back. FML

I realize that body work is not for me.. Sure was fun beating it into submission though. Door will open and shut now . But looks like a wrankly ole lady. I guess Lexi is showing her age.

Might make a half door out of the old door.

Bitches know better than to mess with my rides, Andy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You didn't half way do it either! I have right side doors and tailgate lift gate but no drivers, got a bunch of at Heritage in Mobile

If only you had a buddy who just invested $1k into body work tools and supplies...

If only you had a buddy who just invested $1k into body work tools and supplies...
I still would have messed it up. Goal was to get it to shut. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom