80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you wanted a better way to store a tire on your rig without sacrificing precious interior cargo space or rear departure clearance? Unwilling to spend $1000+ for a heavy swing out bumper just to carry a larger spare tire?

Introducing the Summit Cruisers factory bumper swing out kit. This kit includes the parts and instructions you need to build a rear tire swing carrier for your vehicle while utilizing the OEM rear bumper.

View attachment 1274684

View attachment 1274686

View attachment 1274687

View attachment 1274696

View attachment 1274689

Pros

Heavy duty 1 3/4" spindle with grease zerks

Gas strut assistance

No need to install auxiliary tail lights

Extremely robust and stable design

Lighter weight alternative to a heavy rear bumper

Less expensive alternative to a heavy steel bumper

The tire swing out is available for either side of the vehicle

Does not attach to the body of the vehicle like the oem style. Keeps body smooth and rust free.

General Information

These are built in batches and then modified for the side chosen once the deposit is paid. I do not build these to order. Once they are gone, I won't have any more available until I have time to build more.

As this is a kit, welding is required. All pieces to build the tire swing out are included along with a license plate extension bracket. Auxiliary bumper lights not included. The receiver relocation kit is not available. A latch plate that bolts into the pintle hitch mount will be included. Cooler/jerry can baskets are not available. Some tools/hardware are needed to finish this kit.

*This kit is designed around holding a 6 lug OEM 16x8 wheel with a 35x12.5" tire. It also works with the 17x7.5" FJ Cruiser/4Runner wheels with more backspacing.

$450 + shipping (United States shipping only)

$100 non refundable deposit required. Let me know which side you would like the swing out to go on when you submit your deposit. From that point, the kit should be in your possession in under 2 weeks. Rest of payment due before shipping.

(PM me to confirm your information and for placing a deposit)

Paypal or cash if local to Oklahoma City, OK.
I notice you mention a receiver relocation kit not included. I have an after market receiver hitch mounted below the rear bumper. Will this interfere with the mounting of this tire swing out rack?

I notice you mention a receiver relocation kit not included. I have an after market receiver hitch mounted below the rear bumper. Will this interfere with the mounting of this tire swing out rack?

If it's a pintle hitch mounted receiver it could interfere, but if it's a below the frame traditional style hitch it will work just fine. The latch plate I supply should work behind most pintle hitch mounts as long as they aren't too wide.

Have you wanted a better way to store a tire on your rig without sacrificing precious interior cargo space or rear departure clearance? Unwilling to spend $1000+ for a heavy swing out bumper just to carry a larger spare tire?

Introducing the Summit Cruisers factory bumper swing out kit. This kit includes the parts and instructions you need to build a rear tire swing carrier for your vehicle while utilizing the OEM rear bumper.

View attachment 1274684

View attachment 1274686

View attachment 1274687

View attachment 1274696

View attachment 1274689

Pros

Gas strut assistance

Does not attach to the body of the vehicle like the oem style. Keeps body smooth and rust free.

General Information

These are built in batches and then modified for the side chosen once the deposit is paid. I do not build these to order. Once they are gone, I won't have any more available until I have time to build more.

As this is a kit, welding is required. All pieces to build the tire swing out are included along with a license plate extension bracket. Auxiliary bumper lights not included. The receiver relocation kit is not available. A latch plate that bolts into the pintle hitch mount will be included. Cooler/jerry can baskets are not available. Some tools/hardware are needed to finish this kit.

*This kit is designed around holding a 6 lug OEM 16x8 wheel with a 35x12.5" tire. It also works with the 17x7.5" FJ Cruiser/4Runner wheels with more backspacing.

$100 non refundable deposit required. Let me know which side you would like the swing out to go on when you submit your deposit. From that point, the kit should be in your possession in under 2 weeks. Rest of payment due before shipping.

View attachment 1274684

View attachment 1274686

View attachment 1274687

View attachment 1274696

View attachment 1274689

Pros

Gas strut assistance

General Information

I'd love a kit whenever it's next available!!!

I'd love a kit whenever it's next available!!!

I'll add you to the list and send out notifications when I have another batch available. Thanks

any idea on the date on the release of next batch?

At the earliest, I will be ready to accept deposits at the end of August.

Summit,

These look awesome!

I read through both this thread and your build thread and I have a couple questions.

Could you post some pictures of what parts come with the kit? Like when I open the box what individual parts are in there and how close to "finished" are they?

Could you elaborate on how much welding is required for installation?

Summit,

These look awesome!

I read through both this thread and your build thread and I have a couple questions.

Could you post some pictures of what parts come with the kit? Like when I open the box what individual parts are in there and how close to "finished" are they?

Could you elaborate on how much welding is required for installation?

I don't have a picture of all the pieces out on my phone right now. I thought I had one in the thread somewhere but I didn't see it.

The upper and lower arms come pre notched, bent, welded and ground down and gen tacked together so they will be at the correct angle with the rear crossplate/step.

Otherwise, the amount of welding could be done in a day if you have prior welding experience. If you don't have much welding experience, it could take more time knowing how to get everything tacked into place without deflecting due to the heat from the weld.

Tack on a plate to the frame, tack on a 2x4, tack on the spindle and sleeve, drill hole in bumper, tack on upper arm. If everything lines up well after that, weld everything up which is probably like 40" of welding at that point. Then the up right pieces get tacked on to hold the tire along with the stop pad plates and latch. That goes by the fastest I would say. Once it is tacked, it probably takes an hour of off and on welding to completely weld that stuff on.

How many of these kits do you have? I would like to be added to the list!

I don't have any on hand at the moment. I'm currently out of town for the next week, and then I will be starting a batch.

Current batch is in progress. Probably another several weeks before it will be ready as I start class again on the 21st and will only have occasional days to get home and work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom