80 series cruisers on method wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tons of info out there in the forums on method wheels. Been doing some research on the bead grip technology and different models they offer. Due to the hub bore size on the 80s, on methods website they only offer 1 wheel model with bead grip for the 80s and front center caps are not compatible, leaving the hubs exposed, don’t know what to do there. Finding aftermarket 6x5.5 17” wheels hasn’t been super easy on the used side either. Wanting to buy some new or used methods and wanted to see some other 80 series rocking them for reference. Been searching the classifieds as well. Thanks guys.

I like the look of the hub sticking out, no hub caps would be a non-issue for me ;)

Here is mine on 105s and 37" SXIIs. I am running a 1" spacer also. They were a little bit tight flexed out, and the 1" made them perfect. Very minimal wheel well rub front or rear now. Since this pic, I also stepped down to a 2" spring.

Ive looked a little bit into adding center caps, just havent gotten that far yet. Hopefully someone else has done this for some ideas.

1684620349596.png

I like the look of the hub sticking out, no hub caps would be a non-issue for me ;)
Me too. I love it when the Jeep guys, and others, look at my rig and ask " that has Full Floaters?"

Me too. I love it when the Jeep guys, and others, look at my rig and ask " that has Full Floaters?"
Wait, Jeepers don't know 80's (alot of them anyway) have full-floats?
Guessing they also don't know they have high-pinion front diffs too?
Talking to them (not in the mens bath) I thought they knew everything. ;)

Method 701’s. Machined the catch ring for the center cap to fit.

IMG_7040.jpeg

IMG_7038.jpeg

IMG_7037.jpeg

Good to know you can run something like the 701. Sucks that I'd have to find someone to machine them out a bit. But I like the idea of running the light weight wheel with the beadgrip tech.

So... my rig has the MB 352's, which are Method MR305 knockoffs. I recently was trying to find two more for my trailer and they were discontinued, so I had to buy the Method MR305's. So yes, my trailer has the real ones and my rig has the knockoffs haha. I was able to get the front cap on my rig, but not on the rear. I haven't tried fitting the real methods onto my rig, but I'm assuming it's the same. And yes, I put bags on my rig last night, so no more sag.
20230808_164801.jpg
20230808_145958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom