80 series armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your kind words.

I finished it up and onto other things on the TDL, so not much time to do another one. I can get some measurements for you, or you can see it at our next meeting.

k

i guess more of a transfer case question but on the passenger side there is a large rubber mount. what is it's purpose? it is almost like there should be a mount for torque control or something. it is shown on many skid plate pics i was thinking i was missing a bracket but it is shown hangin out in space on many pictures?

what does it do and what is the effect of removing it.

i find that my 3" over the rail exhaust i am working on fits much better with out it.

Thanks

i guess more of a transfer case question but on the passenger side there is a large rubber mount. what is it's purpose? it is almost like there should be a mount for torque control or something. it is shown on many skid plate pics i was thinking i was missing a bracket but it is shown hangin out in space on many pictures?

what does it do and what is the effect of removing it.

Counter weight, purpose is to dampen or lessen vibrations felt via the transfer case. On several of Toyota's 4wds. Good pic here, scroll down a little.
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/skidrowskid/skidrowskid.htm

Remove it, see if you notice any vibration. I moved mine up and out of the way, no noticeable change felt.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
P6020012.JPG
[/FONT]​

bump for visibility with the recent post.

if you have patterns maybe I'll CAD them up then i can have several cut out at once and add bolt holes and what not

old threads like this make me feel older.

207F47B8-0BC6-4663-876B-EEFCECBD0C2C.jpeg
E5486D26-E376-47A3-9B96-39220599F122.jpeg
Guess I’ll bump this thread again. I’ve been working on a design as I just wasn’t happy with options of cheap but HD diy or decently priced productions stuff. So I set out to build something different.

Have provisions for a transmission skid but not sure I’m motivated for my personal use. Just expansion for the future with out drilling holes.

I should have one cut and bent in hand Friday next week. But thought I’d Put some info up here for thoughts. All 1/4” will likely powder coat not 100% sure. I have 2 buddies I’m building these for also but starting with one so can refine if needed

Last edited:
View attachment 1883786 View attachment 1883787 Guess I’ll bump this thread again. I’ve been working on a design as I just wasn’t happy with options of cheap but HD diy or decently priced productions stuff. So I set out to build something different.

Have provisions for a transmission skid but not sure I’m motivated for my personal use. Just expansion for the future with out drilling holes.

I should have one cut and bent in hand Friday next week. But thought I’d Put some info up here for thoughts. All 1/4” will likely powder coat not 100% sure. I have 2 buddies I’m building these for also but starting with one so can refine if needed

Interested/ready to buy. Do you know approximately what this'll run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom