80 series armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
let me know if you wanna make more, I might be interested. Not sure if that design would work if you are using drop brackets like myself.

Thanks Mike. Still $350 bucks. I have all the steel now, total cost $35. Now just have some fab to do.

got some pieces roughed out this weekend. 1/4 plate. I stitch plasma cut then beat to the right angle, then welded back.

ForumRunner_20121203_053753.jpg

Last edited:
different subject but is this a cell phone antenna????

ForumRunner_20121203_064926.jpg

ForumRunner_20121203_064949.jpg

different subject but is this a cell phone antenna????

Yes sir, pair it with one of these guys for leet calling range!

(I really have no idea, but I don't see many coax cable jacks on wireless phones - maybe on a trunk-mounted router or something . . typically that is a different, much smaller jack).

old_mobile_phones_002.jpg

Any chance this is for a CB? Seems too small, but before I rip it out, wanted to ask.

I used to have a booster kit for cell phones that bumped it to 3watts and it used the small coax

could be ham?

Sounds like I will rip it out... Only thing I want is a CB eventually.

Plan to start a build thread on this rig over Christmas break.... Yes, Erik you can nag me until I do it. Reciprocity.

which truck we building? THat's the question.

Yeah.... good point. Please recall that my signature line admits that I am ADD.

You suck! But damn, your right.

Plan.....

Finish fixing up Lexi, the 97' lexus. Got oil pan seal to replace, oxygen sensor and a few little things. Get it detailed and then sell it.

Foo the 96' Toyota LC (from Chicago) is almost out of the garage. It will be on the road for a year or so (replacing lexi) until I decide to start it's transformation to a 45 extended cab. Right now I am working on the Scion radio t1819 addition. Waiting on parts. I also am going to add the new armor I made.

This winter I need to work on the other cars in the stable, but after that, the next on the block is the 3fe FJ40 that was my original start project. On that one there is a build thread started already.

Guess I need to do housekeeping on Ol' Blue. Got speedo cable, rebuild a gauge cluster.... oh yeah, need your help resetting the numbers on a speedo... few other little things, but she is doing great.

Lexus was the one from Atlanta?

Love the skid plates!

Yep. One I took to SMORR.

Thanks Bob.

Hey, wanted to let you know that the truck has been running great lately. I found the power button by the gear selector had become unplugged. I plugged it back in and now I have TONS more power on the road.

Really runs like a different truck.

Cheers.

Tranny Skid

Looks great! I am in the middle of an engine rebuild on my 91 FJ80 and have been looking at these but the $350 makes me worry about my wife's health. =)

If you are fabbing up any others I would be interested in buying one, or helping to build it. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom