80 Driveshaft Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Thought I would post a few pics of how I am storing my spare drive shafts on the frame under the 80. Trying to keep as much usable space inside the truck as possible. Found some ubolts at the hardware store and added a few large hose clamps for redundancy. Rear is strapped under the 4x4 labs bumper and front is strapped to the cross frame brace.
IMG_2202.JPG
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG

Mine are leaned against the shelf racks in the shop. :meh:

yeah I figured having spares on the trail would be a good thing but they are bulky and did not want to take up interior space. Plus I figured I should add more weight to my pig because she is not fat enough as is, lol.

If you are intent on bringing driveshaft(s) then why not store then in ABS pipe? Then it becomes actual storage and better protection. Do you carry spare birfs and inner axles? Because I've damaged way more of those than I have shafts. :meh:

Where are you wheeling that your truck stays that clean underneath?

Mine has a nice layer of permadirt going on under there.

I want to carrying a spare rear shaft in the same area but my latest plan involved welding in some brackets and using bolts through the flanges. Your way is easier and definitely worth a try.

If you are intent on bringing driveshaft(s) then why not store then in ABS pipe? Then it becomes actual storage and better protection. Do you carry spare birfs and inner axles? Because I've damaged way more of those than I have shafts. :meh:

driveshafts live under the truck anyhow? they should be just fine and work as needed trail spares. I have a spare birf, still looking for inner axles.

Where are you wheeling that your truck stays that clean underneath?

Mine has a nice layer of permadirt going on under there.

lol, san diego, I try to spray the underneath after each trip.

driveshafts live under the truck anyhow? they should be just fine and work as needed trail spares. I have a spare birf, still looking for inner axles.

Yeah this one is just odd to me. I have u-joints, tools and a mini-vice to repair. I just can't see myself bringing an entire DS. But, you do you :p

Yeah this one is just odd to me. I have u-joints, tools and a mini-vice to repair. I just can't see myself bringing an entire DS. But, you do you :p

have seen plenty of dented driveshafts out there on the trail, much easier fix to swap one out, the 80 rear shafts especially hang out there and can be damaged fairly easily. Although on your way to the mall you should be ok, so not to worry. :)

have seen plenty of dented driveshafts out there on the trail, much easier fix to swap one out, the 80 rear shafts especially hang out there and can be damaged fairly easily. Although on your way to the mall you should be ok, so not to worry. :)

No parking block is too tall to damage my shaft :flipoff2:

this is a good idea. since i'm running a DC on the front i could carry the oem as a spare.
i saw a guy twist the rear shaft like a pretzel on Spike in Moab. only option was to remove it. he had a spare and was able to keep going after a swap, otherwise would have to limp out on front shaft only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom