79 series full time 4wd conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I forgot to finish this thread, all went well with the install but then shortly after I removed it all to put it back to part time because I had to sell it to buy another dual cab ironically for my new daughter, have kept the gear to put into my fj45 one day
Wow thats a big motive for me now if i can atleast get the numbers for the relays that i need to buy

Wow thats a big motive for me now if i can atleast get the numbers for the relays that i need to buy
I would have to pull the harness out of the cupboard to double check but if I recall it I only used one relay plus the stock 80 transmission switch relay, and the one relay was only needed because of my choice of switch, the transmission actuator needs power at all times in closed and open position, so the one relay directed power to the actuator when going back to "open or full-time" otherwise it would lock into 4wd when you press the button and that's where it would stay.

I would have to pull the harness out of the cupboard to double check but if I recall it I only used one relay plus the stock 80 transmission switch relay, and the one relay was only needed because of my choice of switch, the transmission actuator needs power at all times in closed and open position, so the one relay directed power to the actuator when going back to "open or full-time" otherwise it would lock into 4wd when you press the button and that's where it would stay.
Great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom