For Sale '79 FJ40 - daily driver ready with 2F, AC, PS, hardtop, ambulance doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170310-181117-IMG_0750.jpg

I'm selling my 1979 FJ40.

Condition:
  • Car passes Texas inspection every year without issues
  • Odometer reads 72k
  • 2F motor runs well. Motor was replaced at 45k (per previous owner). I add a quart between oil changes. No fluid leaks.
  • Factory power steering works great. Steers tight, no wandering
  • 4WD works great
  • Factory installed AC blows cool. But you're going to sweat if you're driving this car when it's 90 outside
  • Paint looks like it was done 10 years ago. There is minor rust in a few of the usual spots but no serious perforation (see photos). The rust doesn't seem to have gotten any worse since I bought the car 6 years ago
  • Smog hoses appear to have been removed by previous owners
  • Stereo head unit works fine
  • Battery dies if left sitting too long, so I installed a Flaming River remote battery disconnect with a toggle switch next to the ignition. Now I can leave the truck indefinitely and battery is fine

History:
  • I purchased in eastern Oregon in 2011 (i.e. the high desert side, not the rainy side). I've driven from Oregon through Utah, Colorado, Texas, etc without issues. It's only been off-road for two afternoons in the 6 years I owned it
  • Since 2011 the truck's been garaged
  • I haven't had to do any significant mechanical work. Insignificant work has bene a new distributor rotor, alternator diode, power steering pump, oil pressure gauge sending unit, and fan clutch.
  • Previous owner used it as a daily driver (2006-2011) and replaced the carb fan, seat belts, locks, and minor cosmetic bits
  • Top hasn't been off since 2006, fits well without leaks
  • Prior to 2006 the truck lived in Arizona for several years at least
Lots more photos here - I've tried to be brutally honest about where you see wear and tear: https://goo.gl/photos/wyXxdwbFv2QWJP8v5

This is a very reliable and easy to drive FJ. I'd take it on a cross country road trip again without a second thought. But it doesn't handle a car seat very well and I find it mostly sitting in the garage, so it's time to let somebody else have fun with it.

Asking $12,495 for local pickup in Dallas Texas.

-Kurt

It is refreshing to see such a honest and descriptive FJ40 ad priced so competitively. Beautiful truck. Good luck with sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom