Build 78 Mustard Yellow FJ40 #Tiger40

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a problem with the accelerator pump not plunging at all. Ended up being a clogged port into the primary that needed to be cleaned out.

I think it’s been partially plugged this whole time because giving it gas by hand is 10x easier now that it’s clear. It was also dying/sputtering when I gave it gas even when it was plunging before.

All good now! Just waiting on a new valve cover gasket since I pinched this one putting it back on o_O

 
New oem valve cover gasket and grommets installed. Paid more than I would have liked, but they do look better than the aftermarket stuff I had.

Can’t wait to test drive and see how the new accelerator pump is working on the road. It stumbled bad off the line last time…



IMG_9069.webp
 
Last edited:
Well, we got another Cruiser head due early March!
IMG_4543.webp


Fired up the 40 to let it idle and see where coolant leaked out from. Oddly enough it’s not leaking now. It did look like it was coming from the blue bvsv, but it’s dry today. Need to make sure it’s leak free before the Grand National Truck Show in a few weeks
IMG_0709.webp
 
Last edited:
Well we got another Cruiser head due early March!
View attachment 4214793

Fired up to let the 40 idle and see where coolant leaked out from. Oddly enough it’s not leaking now. It did look like it was coming from the blue bvsv, but it’s dry today. Need to make sure it’s leak free before the Grand National Truck Show in a few weeks
View attachment 4214794
Congrats! No coolant leak AND another baby on the way. Big day for you.

Although, between the two, I’m not sure which is the bigger miracle.

Seriously, congratulations on the little one coming in March!
 
Haha thank you! We are beyond excited to fill the rear jump seats up.

I got a chance to look at my door latches today. They didn’t seem too oblonged out. Might need a set of door in bushings though…
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom