78' Hilux Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there guys, I'm a pretty new member here, but I've been looking through the forums for months now. Searching for some help/advice on my project, so I'm going to go ahead and list all of the parts that have been replaced or restored and other misc work that has been done.

New
• KYB monotubes in the front
• Sensen rear shocks (plan on changing)
• Raybesto brake Master cylinder
• Brembo front rotors
• Brake pads
• Battery
• Spark plugs and wires
• Distributor cap and rotor
• Oil and filter
• Gear oil and magnetic drain plug
• Raybestos clutch slave cylinder
• SMP voltage regulator
• Power Select starter
• Power Select alternator
• Power steering belt, ac belt, fan belt
• Raybestos rear drum brakes
• Bendix rear brake shoes
• Aisin fan clutch
• Beck/Arnley water pump
• Stant thermostat
• Radiator
• Stant radiator cap

Restored/Rebuilt/Other
• Carburetor rebuilt
• Brake fluid changed and lines bled
• Patched exhaust manifold
• Bearings greased and repacked
• Vac hoses and engine fuel lines replaced
• Coolant flush
• Pulled and inspected fuel pump

I'm sure that I've forgotten at least a few of the things that have been done, but that's a pretty comprehensive list. Still plan on replacing most of the steering components, getting a new fan, and potentially restoring or getting a new ac.

When I emerge from the other end of the mechanical rebuild wormhole, I'm immediately jumping into a camper shell drop on and remodel or a total fabrication. I'm looking for build advice, your experiences, your thoughts, pictures of your build, and etc. I would love to pick some people's brains for ideas and inspiration.

My true desire is to buy and remodel a Chinook, Sunrader, Rader, Dolphin, or etc fiberglass shell. If you have one or a lead on one, please let me know. Thanks for your time!

Including a few pictures of my little monster as well.

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Was this an RV in a previous life? is that why the cab rear is missing?? Looks like you're on your way to a nice reliable ride there! What is your goal for this thing??

It was indeed an rv before the previous owner removed it. I'm looking to put an rv shell back on there or fabricate a new one. Mentioned my plans a bit at the end of the original post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom