Builds 75 Series Troopy cargo side window bug screens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nylon flyscreen is the most flexible, 3m neodymium magnetic tape stuck on and extra silicon on back side. I originally used gaffer tape between the silicon and flyscreen the other side of magnetic tape side of flyscreen, but that came off after a year. After 3 years of very regular use, the rest is still holding up fine.

Nylon flyscreen is the most flexible, 3m neodymium magnetic tape...
That tape is not cheap! It seems like they have regular magnetic tape as well. Did you try that, do you think it's not strong enough?

I did try the cheap stuff, it is crap, didn't last long. The good stuff is exy but it lasts. My troopy is slept in very regularly, so it was worth it. Love the screen every time I sleep in her.

Have become a big fan of rare earth magnets, chalk and cheese. Neodymium magnets also holds my roof lining up. There are websites which just sell rare earth magnets, they have the tape too. Still exy, but these magnets are amazing really.

surely with your economy 400 x the australian, you have your own shop!
google rare earth magnets
probably made in china anyway..

Surely with your economy 400 x the australian, you have your own shop!

Doesn't matter who has what; you have something with three years of usage and a positive endorsement. That's a better starting point than a blind search.

google rare earth magnets
probably made in china anyway..

Probably. Thanks for the link, nonetheless. 👍

What is really cool with the rare earth tape, even a small piece say 2-3cm thrown at your lc, some distance away 2-3m, the magnet just pulls and sticks to the steel.

I reckon they used it for the throw and stick on grenades in the mandolorian mini series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom