75 Series Rear Tank Breather Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Toughmudders,

This is my first post on the forum. I drive a 75 series 1HZ, 1990, the 4.2L. Based on NSW, Australia.

My rear tank has been leaking so I got a new(ish) one from a shop and they said it would just fit. However, when I took my tank down I realised there 4 extra hoses that I can't connect to the new tank, see pic below.

I tried to reach out to the shop I got it from, but wouldn't help me more than saying that the tank is good and the breather hoses are not needed. Is it safe to just not connect these? Or should I do some sort of modification?

I appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Pako

unnamed.jpg

@Pako83 based on the following part diagram, it looks like those connections on your fuel tank go to the fuel-vapor separators:

That's up to you on whether you want to circumvent those, but they do seem to serve a purpose based on a quick search. Not sure what the new tank is ripped from, but it's not the same as yours, clearly. I don't know what the consequences of that tank would be if you installed it as is.

Hello,

Chances are your new tank is from a newer (post 1999) model.

This is the way the tank is set up, from the FSM.

1695866569582.png

The manual refers to the rear tank as subtank.

One of the hoses vents to the body, and it is tricky to connect.

You can connect the hoses following the diagram above, and put a plug in the others.

Hope this helps.

Juan

Last edited:
thank you Juan. I plugged the breathers and tried to connect all the rest, but at the end the tank was too big and the straps would not fit around it 🤨

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom