74' FJ55 Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I threw the old bumpers back on the other day... Although these are not my favorite I don't think they look half bad...

I also had a chance to install my electric fuel pump back by the fuel tank. I ran a relay that is controlled by the distributor ignition wire, and powered directly off of the positive battery terminal through a fusible link. Works great. If you are interested in the install photos I will post but other wise it's in...

I've been playing a lot with timing, carb settings and fuel pressure and boy this wagon is running strong! Still a few slight dead spots but otherwise I am very pleased...
IMG_4683.JPG
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4684.JPG

It's funny because after the first few days that this ad was posted I got a wave of Cruiser heads informing me of the news... I just wish I had the extra funds to buy it back :( The guy I sold it to contacted me before he posted the ad, and after some much needed soul searching he decided to keep it :) All my extra money is going into a 1961 FJ40 Vin 0121 (May be the oldest FJ40 in the states). Once that cruiser is built I plan to auction it and use some of the profit to help build my 4 door 1977 BJ40 which will have a turbo charged 4bt cummins, NV4500 trans and a complete triagulated 4 link... It will be a freak of a cruiser :)

Still think about the ole pig every now and then :(

I've acquired this little piggy a few months ago and absolutely love it. She lives high in the mountains of Colorado now, near Aspen. Looking at all of the work that you have done...I just wanted to say wow and thank you. I plan on continuing down the road of restoration and would love to keep in contact along the way.

Mike Bower
303-506-6592

car.JPG

I've acquired this little piggy a few months ago and absolutely love it. She lives high in the mountains of Colorado now, near Aspen. Looking at all of the work that you have done...I just wanted to say wow and thank you. I plan on continuing down the road of restoration and would love to keep in contact along the way.

Mike Bower
303-506-6592

View attachment 1105585

Mike....
It has been a while since I last logged into Mud but I'm stoked that you are happy with your cruiser! I really enjoyed building it and was bummed to sell it, but when I hear that some one else loves and appreciates all the blood sweat and tears that went into getting her where she is it really makes it all worth it :) Keep me posted and send me photos!! CruiserInnovations@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom