74' FJ55 Build... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Under the front seat frame I installed a separate fuse panel for the power seats and will be setting up an aux switch for the rear heater fan..
IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG
IMG_4465.JPG

This photo just shows the gauge cluster after I cleaned it up and swapped the bezel with a nicer, less distorted one. The door photo just shows that I carried the paint scheme through the inner door and cab. Just because it's a temp paint scheme doesn't mean I can't attempt to make it nice.
IMG_4467.JPG
IMG_4458.JPG

Installed new Ploy body mounts last night and oh boy are these under rated.... The body sits so much nicer on the chassis and look how much it changed the door alignment... If you have problems with door alignment I highly suggest inspecting your body mounts... I had four old body mounts flatten out by more that a 1/4" which will completely tweak your cab....
IMG_4452.JPG
IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4455.jpg

Hey Cruiser...I have those same seats in my Pig! Any chance I can pick your brain on a couple issues I'm having?

1.) Can't get the passenger seat to go forward/backward. Is there some relay that has to tie into the main/driver's seat?

2.) Did you wire up switches for the seat heaters? If so, I am having trouble finding wiring schematics to know which plug/wire set is which for those heaters.

Thanks man!

I've only been driving my pig for about 1 week and yesterday when I went to ACE to pick up new Grade 8 bolts for my body mounts I got stuck in the parking lot for more than an hour talking to guys about this old girl... Lady at the grocery store asked me if I just got back from a safari! She loved it! Before I could leave the parking lot to the grocery store another guy pulled in front of me a sparked another 20 minute conversation about his old pig and how much he liked mine... FYI if you have a nice pig and like driving it don't plan on being in a hurry to get anywhere because you'll always run late.
IMG_4454.JPG

Hey Cruiser...I have those same seats in my Pig! Any chance I can pick your brain on a couple issues I'm having?

1.) Can't get the passenger seat to go forward/backward. Is there some relay that has to tie into the main/driver's seat?

2.) Did you wire up switches for the seat heaters? If so, I am having trouble finding wiring schematics to know which plug/wire set is which for those heaters.

Thanks man!

I'll run out and see which wires I hooked up for the power actuation of the seat positioning. I believe there are two red or orange wires that must go to a hot lead and one black for the ground. I have not setup my seat warmers yet but will be installing switches on the dash for the seat heaters. I haven't looked for a wiring schematic yet for these seats but if I find one I'll send you the 411... If you find anything before I get back to you let me know...

You should not need a relay for the seats to work...

Awesome! Thanks Josh. I'm hoping it's something simple I have missed on the passenger's side, and not a bad switch/motor/etc. in the seat itself:/

Awesome! Thanks Josh. I'm hoping it's something simple I have missed on the passenger's side, and not a bad switch/motor/etc. in the seat itself:/

I've got a feeling that you may have a bad switch.. My seats are simply wired by the two red and one black... No relays. I purchased an additional fuse panel that I mounted under my seats for a little added protection, and to clean up the install...

I never dug 55's til I read your build. Nice truck! Damn I needa get me a workshop..

Keep the pics acomin.

I never dug 55's til I read your build. Nice truck! Damn I needa get me a workshop..

Keep the pics acomin.

Thank you Cult... I appreciate everyones comments and complements..

Any Cruiser heads in Butte County area I am heading up to the hills next weekend if anyone wants to join...

Last edited:
Great work Josh, fantastic build! Can't wait to see the bumpers. Hopefully the rig will perform well enough for you this w/e to maybe reconsider selling. Always seems a little bit of a let down when someone does an all out resto/mod then just sells it without at least driving it for awhile.

Great work Josh, fantastic build! Can't wait to see the bumpers. Hopefully the rig will perform well enough for you this w/e to maybe reconsider selling. Always seems a little bit of a let down when someone does an all out resto/mod then just sells it without at least driving it for awhile.

Thanks Rush... Everyday I drive it I get a little more attached! This wagon is growing on me and I'm sure after next weekend it will possibly seal the deal...

Last edited:
Got my drivelines back! They turned out great! I had Toyota Pickup slip yokes fabricated to both drivelines. The pickup slip yokes are longer which provide about 2 additional inches of travel over the stock land cruiser yokes...

On the front driveline I had toyota pickup universals installed which allow for greater pitch angles. Between the extra lift and future off road articulation these universals should help prevent binding or potential damage...

Both Drive lines were built with DOM tubing that is thick enough to handle excessive abuses and balanced to insure long freeway trip comfort...
IMG_4489.jpg
IMG_4490.jpg
IMG_4491.jpg

NICE LOOKING RIG! Good luck with the sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom