73 reverse light renewal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engineer8000

CAPE FEAR ELECTRONICS
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I have never tackled anything so rare so I am a bit cautious about digging in. Any pointers from experience so I don't wreck this thing? I think the chrome will clean up and the "case" will get a coat of black paint. Is it gloss, satin or flat?

20210802_215454.jpg

Going from memory I would say it’s satin. That said, I never saw one new. The first’73 I parted out was in 1987, so the paint was already 14 years old.

Did you ask Toyota to make you a new one? :lol:

I took mine apart and cleaned it up when I first got my 40. Before I knew how rare it was. Probably a good thing as I would have been a wreck handling the glass!😳

Going from memory I would say it’s satin. That said, I never saw one new. The first’73 I parted out was in 1987, so the paint was already 14 years old.

Wish I had seen a 73 only 14 years old. Mark you are a gem.

I have never tackled anything so rare so I am a bit cautious about digging in. Any pointers from experience so I don't wreck this thing? I think the chrome will clean up and the "case" will get a coat of black paint. Is it gloss, satin or flat?

View attachment 2748848
I think it may be more of a semi gloss instead of satin. I think the weathering makes it look more satin than semi gloss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom