73 FJ40 ignition wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, looking for any insight on wiring an ez wire harness to my existing steering column. I have listed what I have below currently. I'm not much of a wiring guru but have made it to this point and I'm eager to get the rig fired up and not ON FIRE.

EZ wire
-ignition switch start
-ignition switch coil
-ignition switch power
-ignition switch ignition
-ignition switch acc

Toyota ignition wires
-Black yellow stripe: ACC
-Purple (looks blue) red stripe : TO
-Black white stripe: ST
-Black red stripe: AM

Thanks for any help and let me know what else you might need.

IMG_0007.JPG

Slight correction for you... I know next to nothing about the EZ Wiring Harness but I believe this to be what you need.

Key Switch Wire Blue/Red = ACC Connect to the EZ Acc wire
Key Switch Wire Black/White = ST Connect to the EZ Start wire
Key Switch Wire Black/Yellow = IG Connect to the EZ Ignition wire
Key Switch Wire Black/Red = AM ([AM means Amp Meter] This wire normally connects to the White/Blue amp meter charge wire) In your case this wire would connect to the EZ Ignition Switch power wire.

Slight correction for you... I know next to nothing about the EZ Wiring Harness but I believe this to be what you need.

Key Switch Wire Black/Red = AM ([AM means Amp Meter] This wire normally connects to the White/Blue amp meter charge wire) In your case this wire would connect to the EZ Ignition Switch power wire.

Thanks for the help! I will let ya know how it goes when I get a chance to get out and work on it. Appreciate the insight.

This an old post but I'm stumbling through some mysterious ignition issue that has popped up... or I have managed to cross some wires :rofl: At any rate... besides needing to re-wire the whole 1972 rig...

The Black and Red wire... not sure where this goes? Battery?? I have aftermarket ignition switch with Battery, Ignition, Accessory, and Starter posts. TIA!!

Looks like it goes to the battery post of the universal ignition switch, if you follow it out...

This an old post but I'm stumbling through some mysterious ignition issue that has popped up... or I have managed to cross some wires :rofl: At any rate... besides needing to re-wire the whole 1972 rig...

The Black and Red wire... not sure where this goes? Battery?? I have aftermarket ignition switch with Battery, Ignition, Accessory, and Starter posts. TIA!!

can i strongly suggest you start with replacing the aftermarket Ignition switch with one of these , its your ISSUE with a HIGH likely hood if it just popped up like you

describe above ....

LINK :

1642654399618.png

1642654418998.png

1642654441906.png

1642654465885.png

1642654495887.png

1642654525048.png

can i strongly suggest you start with replacing the aftermarket Ignition switch with one of these , its your ISSUE with a HIGH likely hood if it just popped up like you

describe above ....

LINK :

View attachment 2899695

View attachment 2899696
View attachment 2899697

View attachment 2899698
View attachment 2899699
View attachment 2899700
I might have to do that. I need to double check all the wiring. I have a feeling the people that did the SBC conversion weren't great with wiring, my original was fried not long after buying it.

I might have to do that. I need to double check all the wiring. I have a feeling the people that did the SBC conversion weren't great with wiring, my original was fried not long after buying it.

MY 1972 reproduction Connector PIG TAIL is a LATE MODLE UPDATE :

- White w/ blue Tracer is the OLD black w/ red tracer stripe

- i ADD the NON USA 4th CONDUCTER LEED BLUE w/ RED tracer stripe

- FJ40's never had this how ever FJ55 did in usa different key switch all together fyi ....

- the added 4the blue wire wire tracer stripe is your NEW AUX key switch stop point circuit for a RADIO , CB , GOG lamps on a key switch safty circut , or anything aux related

- it simply a BLISS option i pipe dreamed up and said why the H#LL NOT ! :D

-

i DO INDEED have a few NOS UNIORN sets of ALL matching KEY CODES ALL 4 keys and both the in dash ignition lock cylinder and side front door factory lock cylinder

keyed alike NOS old skool sets perfectly preserved in my climate controlled parts dept units here at the SKUNK WORKS LAB....

This is helpful ,I am putting lots of this information into my pea sized brain as I am putting this 73 basket case together ! It's gonna live again .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom