For Sale '72 FJ40 tool box lid & fuel line cover in southern NJ, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The toolbox lid was sandblasted last year but picked up some surface rust in the interim. It's still in very nice condition.

I found the pictured fuel line thing in a '72 parts rig a loooong time ago and assume (yes, I know) that its FJ40 but who knows?

I also have the upper hardtop piece that goes just above the back hatch and bolts to the hardtop sides and fiberglass roof of a '72 40. I know it's '72 40 because I removed it myself. It's not pictured. It's kinda rusty but usable so I hate to just scrap it. I'm offering it FREE with these other parts. It'll go to scrap otherwise.

All three parts for $10, picked up in southern New Jersey just outside Philadelphia.

Text is best! 215 850 6331. Or call. You can message me here on Mud too but that's slower. Thanks.

DSCF7265.jpg

DSCF7266.jpg

DSCF7954.jpg

DSCF7955.jpg

A shame to scrap this stuff but I have no use for it and I'm really tired of looking at it! The hardtop parts are from a '72 40. They're the spreader bar above the rear hatch and driver's side door spreader. They're rough but free with the other bits.

DSCF8039.jpg

DSCF8040.jpg

DSCF8041.jpg

DSCF8042.jpg

Hey man! What are the toolbox lid dimensions?
Hey! How's it going? Dunno dimensions offhand but whatever stock '72 FJ40 toolbox lid dimensions are. Just guessing, but about 18x24 inches. I'll measure if it matters (late as I write, about to turn in), but I'm pretty sure '72 is the last year for these, so it won't fit your '74. But LMK!

Ah, I was thinking I'd re-purpose it possibly on the expedition trailer that I'm starting to build, but obviously, if someone wants it for it's intended purpose, that's better than what I was thinking to use it for.

Love to have the lid. Have a 1970 FJ40 without one. I'm in Nashville. I know you said pickup, but that's quite a drive! Would you be willing to ship it at my expense of course?

Thanks for hanging on to these things.

EDIT I'll even pay you more for the trouble!

Last edited:
Love to have the lid. Have a 1970 FJ40 without one. I'm in Nashville. I know you said pickup, but that's quite a drive! Would you be willing to ship it at my expense of course?

Thanks for hanging on to these things.

def send it to this guy if you don't mind going to the trouble of sending it instead of me re-purposing it for my trailer....

You inspired me to try and find original seats again... and I did find some. I had all but given up. Actually ordered new seats this morning! The irony! A $10 top that will end up costing $1400. But, if it works out, I found refinished front split bench and rear long benches, all custom, all matching.

You inspired me to try and find original seats again... and I did find some. I had all but given up. Actually ordered new seats this morning! The irony! A $10 top that will end up costing $1400. But, if it works out, I found refinished front split bench and rear long benches, all custom, all matching.
Hey! Don't blame me you caught the Cruiser bug! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom