70 series bumpers, rocker skids etc etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No doubt he'd do it. You just need to get in line. Luke is a very busy man and anything he chooses to accept has merit in my mind.
X2 - well worth the wait. Like doing business with Don and Georg in Stockton - or almost any other Cruiser shop of merit.

The only place the line is short is mine........:rimshot:

I'm either fast or a last choice...:flipoff2:

the 4x4labs is about 95% of what I personally want.
Its going to be a bit of fun learning how to build that.

Also, I have heard good thins about Jason at Cruisin' Offroad and will likely give him a shout when my swap is done at Torfab.

My primary interest is sliders, but he crafted a fine exoskeleton for a MWB, tied into rear bumper and sliders.

His FB link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruisin-Off-Road/219136031527865?sk=info&ref=page_internal

Chilliwack is a great destination.

Thats my truck with the cage. Works great for hauling to boat on top. Jason does awesome work, highly recommend him.

P1050935.JPG

On the subjects of bumpers, armour, FRP tops, roof racks, exoskeletons, etc. I ran across this LR Defender on eBay. Bit of a dog's breakfast - not groovin' on the white interior, orange exterior or much else here, but found the roof rack structure, mounting and integrated ladder/ramp to be interesting....

The Rube Goldberg tent access system, not so much.

Enjoy!

upload_2014-11-18_9-33-30.png
upload_2014-11-18_9-34-16.png

upload_2014-11-18_9-38-12.png

upload_2014-11-18_9-35-22.png
upload_2014-11-18_9-36-6.png

As the saying goes... If you want to go into the desert use a Land Rover, if you want to get back use a Land Cruiser.

I had a 1963 88 series two, I think it was a two, Never had a problem with it and I beat the crap out of it. The Prince of Darkness electrics were another story, but if you treated the Prince like his rank then they seemed to work most of the time. I saw a 66 last week that a guy had put a VW 1.9 turbo diesel in, it was a sweet rig.

Last edited:
As I look more closely, it does appear to be a Disco. LR / RR have delivered some fine looking rigs and I tried to buy one twelve years ago. Went to two dealers to drive and hopefully negotiate a deal for new Range Rover. Both times I went for a drive, the air suspension failed.

Not my cup of tea, bought a new Lexus GX 470.

I had a 1963 88 series two, I think it was a two, Never had a problem with it and I beat the crap out of it. The Prince of Darkness electrics were another story, but if you treated the Prince like his rank then they seemed to work most of the time. I saw a 66 last week that a guy had put a VW 1.9 turbo diesel in, it was a sweet rig.
I had a 63 and 67 Series 2A while my son drove a 71 Series lll that I gave him when he turned 16. They were so simple that is was never a challenge to keep them going. As far as the electrics go, most of the lights worked most of the time. :)

@peterb - any more photos of that rear bumper? WOuld love to see them! Jason @cruisinoffroad built it, right?

@peterb - any more photos of that rear bumper? WOuld love to see them! Jason @cruisinoffroad built it, right?
Jason bumpers/slides like this?

Apologies to phrogg4evr for blatant photo plagiarism.

upload_2014-11-29_14-23-12.png

upload_2014-11-29_14-24-20.png

upload_2014-11-29_14-26-29.png

Finally a rear bumper with REAL structural integrity. I can back over small shrubbery without a care and it's very satisfying to know that 38 beer cans were recycled and still live. Much like the Land Rover above, I can access the roof from a multitude of steps even though there is nothing up there but pine straw and bird poop.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Another possible option for rear bumper and mounts is 4X4 Labs. Luke Porter's first rear bumper was for a CDN BJ70 owned by Brett (Dieselbigot). Had all the cool stuff now standard or optional on 4X4 Labs production bumpers for 40, 55, 60, 80 and 100 series cruisers. He doesn't currently offer an off the shelf 7X version, but has had calls from us and as more 25 year old imports show up, who knows what he might do.

Sweet, functional, elegant design. Had one on my 62 and miss it. See below and www.4x4labs.com (corrected URL) for info. This photo is of the very first version. It was later updated with spindles, swing arms and carriers for tires, gas, ladder, etc. Available as kit or finished product. See https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/4x4labs-rear-bumper-build.142286/#post1936885 for added detail. Another photo below of an 80 with lots of options and load.

View attachment 960840

View attachment 960843

What front bumper/brush guard/sliders are on that?

What front bumper/brush guard/sliders are on that?

Those are from Cruisin' Offroad in Canada, Jason is awesome to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom