60s with Dissent Fronts thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mud!

Starting to shop front bumpers for my silver 60. Does anyone have any pics of your Dissent Front bumpers you could share on this thread? I am looking at either no hoop, or the small stinger.

Post up if you have any photos and quick review of the product.

cheers!

Joel

On a slightly different topic but related to your quest…I had an old school ARB bull bar winch bumper I purchased in 1989 for my 60 and it looks very similar to the current dissent - with the upper hoops.

Those upper bars may seem a bit unattractive- but man! They are the best thing about that type of bumper. They are sooo useful for so many things. I would- never- buy a winch bumper without those strong upper hoops. Yeah they’re kinda ugly, but super super functional.

No one has received them quite yet, we are finishing up the first batch now and they'll start shipping soon. That being said here's a photoshop we made up for the small stinger look.
IMG_4934.jpg
stinger (2).jpg

I have an ARB. Paid $700 for it.

Can’t beat it - Not going back.

ED37861D-B66D-4D71-9797-BB9FC2DE1DF7.jpeg

I wasn’t intending on this being a comparison thread at all, just wondering if anyone had any images and feedback on this one company. I have had ARB and 4plus before, and they are both very respectable

I wasn’t intending on this being a comparison thread at all, just wondering if anyone had any images and feedback on this one company. I have had ARB and 4plus before, and they are both very respectable

I’ll have pics tomorrow

Install is very straightforward. I had to undo some ARB brackets but if you are stock. Ubolt the stock bumper.

Knock out 4 rivets per side and expose the frame horns.

Uses 6 bolts per side. 4 vertical and 2 on the bottom of the frame. Existing holes one the factory brackets are gone.

I drilled a couple holes for the warn box mount.

IMG_2961.jpeg

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

Install is very straightforward. I had to undo some ARB brackets but if you are stock. Ubolt the stock bumper.

Knock out 4 rivets per side and expose the frame horns.

Uses 6 bolts per side. 4 vertical and 2 on the bottom of the frame. Existing holes one the factory brackets are gone.

I drilled a couple holes for the warn box mount.

View attachment 3368001

View attachment 3368002

View attachment 3368003

View attachment 3368004

View attachment 3368005
My personal favorite. Everything about this rig is tastefully done. Nice job man

Is the tubing closer or further awat from the body than a arb? The arb has quite a bit of space between the bull bar and the body so it can absorb some impact before it becomes a damage multiplier. It looks nice.

I did not measure the old “new” style ARB that came off of it but the pics show this has a pretty big space away from the body. It would take a big lick I would think. It’s easily 50# lighter so if you are upgrading your Licks from white Altima’s to 3rd gen Tahoe’s and elk you may want an ARB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom