60 series....Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brandon, MS

Is this the 60 for sale, or is this a different one?
No this is the one I’m keeping. The blue 84 is for sale though!

2080AFEC-1BC9-48E3-AB7C-56DD0CBC6891.jpeg

said the guy with 8 vehicles...yep. Not just talkin' the talk honestly I’ve also got a boat for sale and may pull the 60 and just let the boat sale finance the truck now THAT'S the way to think. Rarely have I seen anyone get "attached" to a boat .. hell me and the 60 have a heck of a lot of history That was the reason for my comment in the first place. If anyone on the CottonLand site is "known" by their 60, it's you! HAHA!

As like many 60 owners, my intake hose was cracked and brittle. I reached out to CityRacer a few months ago about the possibility of a reproduction intake hose. Last I week a got an email about trying out a prototype reproduction intake hose and then a box showed up. 60 owners finally are about to have an option for one of the most commonly broken or missing pieces in the engine bay.

15825F67-2CF5-47A1-9438-DD7213FE167B.jpeg
95DFD270-7828-4EBF-AA70-30E832E8D446.jpeg

As like many 60 owners, my intake hose was cracked and brittle. I reached out to CityRacer a few months ago about the possibility of a reproduction intake hose. Last I week a got an email about trying out a prototype reproduction intake hose and then a box showed up. 60 owners finally are about to have an option for one of the most commonly broken or missing pieces in the engine bay.

View attachment 1777347 View attachment 1777348
VERY nice! You know if he's going to also reproduce the support strap that holds the intake hose to the fender?

A/C got started blowing hot air all of a sudden. The compressor and clutch both are spinning smooth and quiet. I figured it may have just been low on r134 (it’s been converterted) but when I plugged the gauge into the low pressure port it said it wasn’t low. Any A/C experts? Possible a clogged valve or port or something?

Look for bubbles through the sight glass

Where is this sight glass??

It is the top of the drier, mounted high on the passenger side of the radiator shroud.

You are low on Freon. The do it yourself kit shows pressure level not Freon. It is possible for pressure to exist without Freon.

You can give it a shot but your pressures maybe off until you put the system under a vacuum.

Reactions: JTU
What’s your engine temp? AC will cut out if engine temp gets too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom