60 series....Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, Cam, what’s the master plan on the tan 60 with an LS swap? Tcase? 5.3/4L60e truck LS?

Yep. Same combo as mine. This swap will be similar to mine, but improved at every step. I’ll probably start a thread in the 60 forum at some point.

Yep. Same combo as mine. This swap will be similar to mine, but improved at every step. I’ll probably start a thread in the 60 forum at some point.
Nice interested in this for sure. Want something like this in my 55.

Hopefully Deo @cruiserjunktion won’t mind me posting his pic of my 60 from GSMTR this weekend.

DD7CF2D8-8B5D-434F-A9BA-2CEFD46503D3.jpeg

I removed those from the doors from the parts 60 and 62 I had. IIRC, I got a pair of pliers and placed one jaw on the metal of the door handle and one jaw on the tip of the rod (insert smart comments here:hillbilly:). I think I recall it just pops through the plastic insert. I’ll look at one of the other doors I have, just to confirm.

@JTU
I ordered an 80 series front bumper from them because I wanted something different than the common ARB. It should be here this week and will let you know about the quality of the bumper. They also offer 5% off if you buy direct.

@JTU
I ordered an 80 series front bumper from them because I wanted something different than the common ARB. It should be here this week and will let you know about the quality of the bumper. They also offer 5% off if you buy direct.

Let me know what you think of the quality. I know the rear bumpers are made in Thailand, but I don’t know about the fronts.

I haven't seen one in person, but talked to one of their reps. It doesn't have trailer hitch receiver built in. So, you still have to run a separate hitch according to him. I didn't like the fact it was made over seas and they seem to cut some corners on the hitch vs a kaymar. I opted out for that reason.

@Dustin Messina
My 60 has a towing package already so that’s not an issue for me. Though I’m sure you loose some departure angle clearance by using a towing package vs the kaymar integrated hitch. If it was made in China, I would stear away, Thailand quality seems to better than China.

At $1400 for the bumper and two swing outs that’s mighty attractive. I couldn’t find any pricing for a kaymar. What does a Kaymar dual swingout run $ landed here in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom