Registry 60-series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1985 FJ60!
2. Ian
3. Balto
4. 191k
5. Practically bone stock for now... salvo the Civic seats from previous owner :p
6. Adventures, Overlanding
7. not yet... but soon!

I just bought it today! First FJ60. My parents drove a collectors edition fzj80 for many years, and i wanted something similar.

Nice shot of that 62... It would make a great poster on any MUD-member's wall! Kudos.

another shot of my 60 series after the day at Tahuya...

Kreiten: sorry, my earlier comment is about your picture, I am learning how to 'quote' posts. It's one of the coolest pics I've seen, period.

-1990 FJ62

-Cruisermatt

-Milage:
Odometer: 187,000 (dealership messed with it before the purchase, $3000 back!)
Actual: +260,000

-Modifications: OME lift, 31's, ARB rack, Hella lights (fog and mains), dual battery, stepbars/sliders, garage paint job.

-Daily driver, pulling the boat, hauling canoes kayaks and camping gear. Occasional light trailing starting soon hopefully

smaller.jpg

Thanks, the paint has actually gotten better over the past year since we painted it, as its been baking in the sun fading closer to Freeborn Red (the original color) which we tried to match, but it ended up a little darker. Oh well, it's a garage job, I like it!

Thanks, the paint has actually gotten better over the past year since we painted it, as its been baking in the sun fading closer to Freeborn Red (the original color) which we tried to match, but it ended up a little darker. Oh well, it's a garage job, I like it!

Thanks, and I was serious.
I really do like it.
The color is perfect, and the sort of matte finish looks great.
Good job:cheers:

New to IH8MUD

Hi am new to this group of Toyota nuts, seems like a good bunch here.

1985 FJ60 Blue
Mike
165000 miles
Electronic ignition
Trips around town, light off road, hunting and taking the dog for a run.

Its a rust bucket that I have been working on for some time now. Runs good but needs new suspension, for any heavy off road trips. Hope to make new front and rear bumpers soon. IHMUD has lots of good ideas from cruiser owners and great tech forums. any way just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say HI.

1985 fj62 Sahara
Gavin
The Cruiser
Daily drive/weekend toy
327.xxx
Mods are nothing special yet,
33x12.5's Goodyear wranglers on 15x10 -44 steelies
2" lift towing springs in the rear fronts will be done soon (how I got it)
Led Parker's + dash and indicator lights
6000k hi/lo HID'S + crystal vision housings
8000k hid spotties
Stereo system
Momo steering wheel

image.jpg

Usually in the 100's section but had to post this here. Spotted this nice 60 in Boston this afternoon at the Ouside the Box Music Festival. Spoke to the owner, Fritz, who's homebase is Chicago. Nice guy with a nice truck! :cheers:

IMG_20130720_135440_349.jpg

Roll call ** 1988 fj62 in covington louisiana **

I just purchased my first LC and am located in Covington Louisiana. Happy to be here!

Picture 36.jpg

I just purchased my first LC and am located in Covington Louisiana. Happy to be here!

Very nice rig! And that hill behind you doesn't look like what I remember Covington looked like!

1. '89 FJ62
2. KC
3. War Pony
4. 251K
5. OME 2" med/heavy, FZJ80 rims w/ 1" wheel spacers, 285/75/16 MTR's
6. DD, kayak hauler, mtb carrier, desert roamer, mountain wanderer

IMG_8385B.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little late getting around to this, finally found a great 62.

1988 FJ62
Blue
Bone stock
268,xxx rebuilt 22,000 miles ago.
PO had every receipt and docs down to the window sticker
No rust when I bought it but its starting to creep in so I need to treat that soon
The only thing I need is a stock driver seat pad. PO replaced from a 60 and the material is different.

image-3139294937.jpg

1987 FJ62
Jimmy and family (who ever is game enough to drive the old girl lol)
"The Bitch" and she lives up too her name really well lol
402,456klm
Twin LPG tanks and mod fuel tank and rear spare wheel carrier and extractors and 2.5 inch modified sports exhaust system running out side chassis so could put LPG tank in middle bull bar, UHF, Sony CD head unit, in dash USB charging sockets, blue LED dash lighting, 4 spotlights, blue LED park lights in headlights am thinking of putting new front end on replacing the round 60/61 headlights with the twin rectangle 62 headlights and grill and indicators and all the works so it looks like a real 62 :). And properly a few more things on the old girl too lol.
Every day I drive in and out of my family property in central Queensland I'm in 4wd as we have creek crossings and swamp crossings and at 2klm hill at nearly 800m elevation to our house site and have to use 4wd too get into our property as its all dirt roads from once we leave the blacktop its dirt mud and lots of pot holes and washed out causeways from the floods in the last 3 years and council hasn't been bothered to fix them :-(. I've done just over 80,000klm in the last 9 months :-( lots of driving but I love driving the old girl :) .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom