Registry 60-series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1988 FJ62
2. Toast
3. TBD
4. 171,000
5. All of them. Where to start . . .
6. Just purchased to replace a 2010. DD & explorer for the next year or so as I teach my sons the way of the FJ.

NewCruiser.jpg

1983 Japan BJ60
Irving Patrick Lawaguey
"Elsie"
186,411 mi
Snorkels, 33x12.5xR15 mud tires, rancho shocks, PTO winch, Front and Rear Bumpers, Bull bars, Reverse Shackle, Extended Shackel, stock 3.4L 3B engine, stock differentials
Daily Drive

#1 1982 bj 60 Canadian spec
#2 Cale I'm 16
#3 red bull
#4 412,000 kms
#5 OME lift with 33s and a large camping rack
#6 daily driver

image-1016261534.jpg

Ingles(thats me ,not vee hickle), 1985 FJ62, POO Brown with rust marks(looks like it was parked near a welding bench for a week!!!) 302 Windsor, Edelbrock Performer intake,600 vac sec Holley,headers, single 2.5" exhaust,140 litre fuel tank,100 litre lpg tank, old ARB steel bull bar.Hella H4 headlights.80 series 16x8 GXL steelies, 265/75x16 Bridgestone A/T's,overhead console,Sony old and loud CD and BFO speakers,Hayman Reese 2.5 ton towbar,really noisy gearbox, and various oil leaks of varying degrees.....but its mine,and it seems to work,(it better, its my daily!!!)

Guess it's about time I threw my ratty assed old rig in here.
1. 89/FJ62
2. Gordon
3. The Elephant Chaser (carry over of a named given my FJ40 by one of my Sgts. years ago), "The Big Red Truck" (granddaughter's name for it), or the POS!!!
Just depends on whether it's running that day or not:bang:
4. I'll have to look.
5. OME Lift, ARB brush bar, MAF header, 33x12.50-15 Kevlar Wranglers, Removed the "for sale" signs:D
6. Like a $2.00 hooker!:lol: Actually, it went from being a DD, to my weekend toy.
For now sees mostly beaches and light trails/dirt roads, usually leading to a beach or lake)
Once I get the bugs worked out of her (or do a Vortec swap!), she will become my (our) exploration rig.
Our plan is to take her all over the State of Florida, hitting all the little one horse cities, beach front/island towns, then heading out of state.
For the time being though, there's more local camping, fishing and canoe/boat hauling in her future:D
7. A pic doing what she does best.
Taking me and the grandbaby to the beach:D
(sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I'll try to get something better up later.)

89fj62CCC6-28.jpg

Last edited:
1. 89/FJ62
2. Gordon
3. The Elephant Chaser (carry over of a named given my FJ40 by one of my Sgts. years ago), "The Big Red Truck" (granddaughter's name for it), or the POS!!!
Just depends on whether it's running that day or not:bang:
4. I'll have to look.
5. OME Lift, ARB brush bar, MAF header, 33x12.50-15 Kevlar Wranglers, Removed the "for sale" signs:D
6. Like a $2.00 hooker!:lol: Actually, it went from being a DD, to my weekend toy.
For now sees mostly beaches and light trails/dirt roads, usually leading to a beach or lake)
Once I get the bugs worked out of her (or do a Vortec swap!), she will become my (our) exploration rig.
Our plan is to take her all over the State of Florida, hitting all the little one horse cities, beach front/island towns, then heading out of state.
For the time being though, there's more local camping, fishing and canoe/boat hauling in her future:D
7. A pic doing what she does best.
(sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I'll try to get something better up later.)

I like your style. Big Red trucks are the best.

Phoenix60, I think so PO did it I just took it off. I can get 5 mpg better with it off.

Phoenix60, I think so PO did it I just took it off. I can get 5 mpg better with it off.

You going to sell it to a ski club? Modify it? Or just sell the aluminum to scrapyard and use cash for mods. I've got a rack like that on my E350 that I'm getting rid of.

I have it posted in the classifieds. Will see what happens, selling as scrap may be a good idea. I am hoping to use the money for a turbo!

1. 89/FJ62
2. Gordon
3. .....

Gordon -
I think this is just about my favorite post on this thread. The reasons:

• Your truck's a year newer than mine - a good looker
  • My second favorite color (045 white still rules)
  • You have your **** together and follow directions (all fields filled out)
  • And you have the best possible reason to have a 6X series - safely hauling our future to the beach!
We have beaches on the left coast as well. MOF (middle of Florida) to WTFAW (where the **** are we?) aka Whidbey Island, WA is only 3,100 miles.

Just set a course of 320 degrees and don't stop until you almost hit the NW corner of continental USA.

:cheers:

PS No - it never rains here....much.

Gordon -
I think this is just about my favorite post on this thread. The reasons:

• Your truck's a year newer than mine - a good looker
  • My second favorite color (045 white still rules)
  • You have your **** together and follow directions (all fields filled out)
  • And you have the best possible reason to have a 6X series - safely hauling our future to the beach!
We have beaches on the left coast as well. MOF (middle of Florida) to WTFAW (where the **** are we?) aka Whidbey Island, WA is only 3,100 miles.

Just set a course of 320 degrees and don't stop until you almost hit the NW corner of continental USA.

:cheers:

PS No - it never rains here....much.

Thank you.

Once I get her all sorted out, I'm sure I'll be setting courses all over.
I'll make sure to include that one as well.

And I have to agree, white (and tan) are my two favorites:cheers:

PS: It's been raining and blowing like holy hell here all day long thanks to T/S Andrea, with a little localized flooding.

This thing moves through it like it's in it's element.
Allowed me the ability to pick up my granddaughter and haul her around town (and down by the beach for dinner) in total safety!

It's days like this that I really LOVE my Landcruiser! :)

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure why I didn't post in here earlier, had my truck for quite some time now...

1. 1984 BJ60 CDN spec
2. Bruce Robertson
3. Tortuga Azul (because its slow, and blue)
4. 267,000 ish Km
5. OME heavy/heavy, Treadwright 33x12.5, CT-26 turbo'd (runs 5-8psi) with straight side exhaust, Pyro'd, burns veggie, custom front and rear bumpers, blacked out grill, Silverstar headlights, Warn 8274, swing out rear carrier, rear storage/bed, 62 mirrors, Icom 2M and Uniden CB radios, ammo can /cooler center console... And rust that keeps growing faster than I can get rid of it...
6. Winter daily driver, summer trail rig - but it's neglected and needs to be trailed more!

Old pic, but a good pic!

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom