60, 80, & 100 Series Cargo Drawers from Jeff Kaufman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely be interested for both my 4runner and FJ60.
Great looking system.

Update - CAD almost done! I've had too many other projects that have been tying things up, but almost there.

I am also planning on offering the plans and non-wood parts for those of you who have access to a wood shop, or just want to cut the pieces out yourselves.

I forgot how much detail went into these things!

cool, I sure need these drawers, my smack is a mess!!!

Sethro

Ok? You really should keep your smack to yourself:D I can help with the drawers though!

Jeff

Update - CAD almost done! I've had too many other projects that have been tying things up, but almost there.

I am also planning on offering the plans and non-wood parts for those of you who have access to a wood shop, or just want to cut the pieces out yourselves.

I forgot how much detail went into these things!

Cool, I like the idea of plans and hardware kits.

Ok? You really should keep your smack to yourself:D I can help with the drawers though!

Jeff

ok, then, send me some drawers and help a feller out, how do I pay you?

Sethro

When the time comes, you can pay through Paypal. I am almost ready to build the prototype, and once I confirm that everything is good, I'll have 20 sets produced.

Soon Sethro, soon!;)

ok, then, send me some drawers and help a feller out, how do I pay you?

Sethro

When the time comes, you can pay through Paypal. I am almost ready to build the prototype, and once I confirm that everything is good, I'll have 20 sets produced.

Soon Sethro, soon!;)

oh yea, sounds good

Sethro

Put us down for a DIY set as well. We're in CA and would be willing to come pick it up.

Thanks,

Leslie

I sure will! Thanks.

Jeff

Another update.

I am getting very close to having everything together. It's been a lot of work finding the right shops to work with, and as it stands I have parts being manufactured in California, Tennessee, and Texas.

For those of you who have been waiting, you will not be disappointed. I promise:D

Thank you!

Jeff

Another update.

I am getting very close to having everything together. It's been a lot of work finding the right shops to work with, and as it stands I have parts being manufactured in California, Tennessee, and Texas.

For those of you who have been waiting, you will not be disappointed. I promise:D

Thank you!

Jeff

Cool! this will keep my recovery gear from looking like a flea market in my seat, can hardly wait

Sethro

I did not see any dimensions listed in the thread. What is the overall height off the floor of the drawer system. And the interior dimensions of the drawers? A picture of where the system lines up on the passenger side interior in relationship to the subwoofer grill/cargo compartment/ash tray would also be great. Thanks.

Interested! Signing-up!:p

Interested in one too for my FJ60

I am now taking pre-orders for the storage systems. What this means is that if you are ready to order, please respond to kaufmansystems@yahoo.com to place an order. Only respond to this address if you are ready to order. If you have any questions regarding the system, please contact me through IH8MUD via pm, or give me a call @ 707-732-3770 and I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have. Within the next week, I will contact you with payment information. A 50% deposit will be required to secure your set, and the lead time will be 6-8 weeks for production. The balance will be paid before shipping.

Please read the information below. The plan kits are listed as option 1&2, and the full kits are options 3&4.

Thank you!

Cargo System Solutions for your 60 & 80 Series Landcruiser.

After an extensive amount of redesign for production, and many months of planning, it is finally here! This is the same storage system that I built several years ago, and it has been redesigned for easy assembly and installation by you.

This system was originally designed for simplicity, ease of use, and is known for standing up to the abuse and rigors of tough 4-wheel drive trails around the country. Here is one example of the simplicity of the system. I use HDPE runners instead of full extension metal drawer glides. There are two reasons for this. The first is that metal glides wear and collect “gunk” over time, reducing the smoothness of the glide and increasing noise. The second reason that I do not use metal glides is that the typical heavy-duty glide used for drawers (Accuride 9301 or equivalent) does not provide for easy removal of the drawer if necessary. If you are using a Hi-Lift Jack at your back bumper, you cannot open the tail gate and get to the contents of the drawer if the drawer is bolted in place. My system is designed to allow you to simply slide the drawer all the way out for placement near your work area. The use of HDPE runners provides for years of maintenance-free use. The operation of the drawer on these runners is incredibly quiet and smooth, and it takes very little effort to open and close the drawer. In fact, it seems that the drawers operate better with more weight in them. Ask anyone that has this system, and they will vouch for that!

The initial offering will be for 60 & 80 series Landcruisers only. In the very near future, I will be offering systems for other models as well. I will also be introducing the other various components that made the complete system. These parts consist of the side extensions and the forward extensions that make up the complete platform.

I am also offering plan kits. For those of you that have your own tools, and are looking for a challenging project, this is for you. These kits will provide you with professionally detailed plans and all the parts that comprise my system. Each piece of the system is detailed on its own 11”X17” sheet so that everything is easy to read. If you purchase the plan kit, you will have the option of choosing knockdown hardware, or opting to use tradition screws for assembly. To use the knockdown hardware, you will need a 25mm boring bit and a machine to use it in. Dimensions in the plan kits can easily be altered to build the system in other sizes. For example, if you want to decrease the height of the system, simply reduce the plan dimensions as needed for the height.

Individual parts may also be ordered. If you already have a storage system and need to update with certain parts, I can help. I am offering the HDPE strike plate and paddle latches that are used to create a bomb-proof latch mechanism. These parts work incredibly well together.

Option #1 – Basic Plan & Parts Kit for One Side (Right or Left, Everything Except Wood Parts Included)

Price - $176.00 With KD Hardware (Includes S&H)
$145.00 Without KD Hardware (Includes S&H)

This option provides you with plans, assembly instructions, and all non-wood parts that you will need to build one side of the storage system.

You supply and cut your own ¾” plywood of choice, or have your local wood shop cut the parts for you.

If doing-it-yourself is your thing, then this is your kit!

Includes:

Full Set of Professionally Detailed 11” X 17” CAD Drawings
1 - Custom HDPE Strike Plate
1 – Stainless Steel Locking Paddle Latch & Keys
1 – Rubber Grommet for Paddle Latch
2 – HDPE Runners
KD Fittings (If ordered)
Screws

Option #2 - Basic Plan & Parts Kit, for Two Sides (Right & Left, Everything Except Wood Parts Included)

Price - $317.00 With KD Hardware (Includes S&H)
$256.00 Without KD Hardware (Includes S&H)

This option provides you with plans, assembly instructions, and all non-wood parts that you will need to build two sides of the storage system.

You supply and cut your own ¾” plywood of choice, or have your local wood shop cut the parts for you.

If doing-it-yourself is your thing, then this is your kit!

Includes:

Full Set of Professionally Detailed 11” X 17” CAD Drawings
2 - Custom HDPE Strike Plates
2 – Stainless Steel Locking Paddle Latches & Keys
2 – Rubber Grommets for Paddle Latch
4 – HDPE Runners
KD Fittings (If ordered)
Connector Bolts
Screws

Option #3 – Full Drawer Kit for One Side

Price - $429.00 (Includes S&H)

Choose this option if you have no interest in fussing around with the difficult task of cutting out your own parts. This Kit comes with all parts, ready for quick assembly using a screwdriver, rubber mallet, and a clamp.

Includes:

CNC Pre-finished Maple Plywood Parts
1 - Custom HDPE Strike Plate
1 – Stainless Steel Locking Paddle Latch & Keys
1 – Rubber Grommet for Paddle Latch
2 – HDPE Runners
KD Fittings
Screws

Option #4 – Full Kit for Two Sides

Price - $829.00 (Includes Shipping & Handling)

Choose this option if you have no interest in fussing around with the difficult task of cutting out your own parts. This Kit comes with all parts, ready for quick assembly using a screwdriver, rubber mallet, and a clamp.

Includes:

CNC Pre-finished Maple Plywood Parts
2 - Custom HDPE Strike Plates
2 – Stainless Steel Locking Paddle Latches & Keys
2 – Rubber Grommets for Paddle Latch
4 – HDPE Runners
KD Fittings
Connector Bolts
Screws

Individual Parts:

HDPE Strike Plate

Price - $12.50 each

This is the strike plate that was designed specifically for my drawer system. If you are designing and building your own system, or currently have a drawer system and you are looking for the perfect solution for a latch mechanism, this is it. Buttery smooth action and a positive latch when used in conjunction with the paddle latch listed below. Some mortising required. Includes installation instructions.

HDPE Strike & Stainless Steel Paddle Latch Combo

Price - $32.50 each set (1 set per drawer)

Get the strike plate and latch together. The paddle latch is the same part used in the full kit. It is Stainless Steel, and it locks. Includes full size drawings for easy installation. Cutting and mortising required.

Very cool. I will have a few questions when I think over the options a bit more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom