5x150 to 6x139.7 hub on a hzj74 (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.serie4.fr
hello cruiserheads !

is there a way to transform hub with 5x150 of a hzj74 (same as hzj105 or hzj 78 or vdj 76) to a hub with 6x139.7 ?

Yeah!
Check the spindle, if the spindle bolts up then change the hub.
Grab or borrow a spindle and check bolt pattern

80 hubs are differents of hzj7x or vdj7x...but housing is the same.soi i think i can change...

The reason they changed the hubs was so older wheels could not be used on the coil suspension models because it will interfere with the steering gear according to some reports.
I would do some careful measuring before buying parts.

It may be possible to switch the front axle hubs from a 79 5 lug to an 80 series 6 lug.

The rear brakes either drum or disk on 79 series will not accept an 80 series set up as the brake drums are not deep enough and the disk system 80 does not cross to 79.

I am in the US and had a shiatty time figuring this out and finally stuck with the 5 x 150's and went with:
Rear:
german made H&R 38mm spacers ($214 shipped ECS tuning-- actually) which allow a 265/70 R18 tire to clear the leaf springs and retract into the cavity between bed fender and wheel well on pick up. This gets the late model rear 4" wheelbase offset closer but still allows the rims to fit. I went german because I did not want the chinese stuff seen ALL over for $50-$100 a set.

Front:
Custom 5/16" (ala 8mm) shims ($65 Adaptit USA Wheel Adapters and Spacers) to fit US standard delivery 18" x 8" wide rims seen on all tundras etc since 2007. The front shim allows stock length wheel studs with OEM deep centering lug nuts to rotate more than 7.5 turns on the 14mm stud AND clear the tie rod ends (steel part) by 10mm/3/8" (the rubber boot by 8mm).

I was able to buy used eight aluminum 18 x 8 factory rims for $300 w one set of lug nuts and was given eight steel rims w lug nuts for that whole price.

To the OP, what is the reason for wanting to change to a 6 stud pattern, is it because you cant find wheels to suit the 5 stud pattern?

up front its easy the 80 can be placed... and in the rear can be use the spacer... here in venezuela the 2010 to now .. the rear axle is really narrow so you can use spacer. and match the front track wide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom