5th Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit - Jan 13-16, 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
DixieLand Cruisers will be hosting our 5th Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit at Windrock Offroad Park over MLK weekend, January 13-16, 2023.

We have 2 cabins rented this year right off Windrock Rd. These are the same cabins we have had in years past (SquatchNest and Off the Beaten Path).
**We have already booked/reserved both cabins that each sleep 9 people. Please look at the available beds below and post up if you are 100% in and want to reserve a bed**

In case you missed the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Annual CCWS check out these threads...

4th Anuual Coal Creek Winter Summit
3rd Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit
2nd Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit
1st Annual Coal Creek Winter Summit

For anyone who hasn’t been to Windrock before, this is not your typical Offroad Park that only has crazy trails and hard obstacles. Windrock has over 73,000 acres and there are trails there for any level (beginner to extreme). Any stock Land Cruiser can enjoy the park and not worry about damaging their trucks. The park has something to offer for everyone. They also have a gun range, pavilions, nice showers/restrooms, etc.

IMG_2088.JPG

**All cabin spots are full in Squatch Nest and Off the Beaten Path**

Squatch Nest Cabin Confirmed Spots:
9 spots total. 2 queen beds and 5 twin bunk beds. $150/person for weekend.

**Please post up if you want a spot**

-John: Single @JMCCAL
-Ashton: Single
-Jake: Single
-Ryan: Single
-French: Single @BamaHeel
-Cole & Jay: Queen
-Open: Queen (2 people)

Off the Beaten Path Cabin Confirmed Spots:
9 spots total. 2 queen beds and 5 twin bunk beds. $150/person for weekend.

-Blake: Single
-Holton: Single
-Hunter: Single
-Amin: Single
-Open: Single
-Brandon L: Queen
-Stephen: Queen @Forerunner

We will have to buy permits for the park. Every person on the trails will need a Windrock permit for each day they will ride on Windrock Park's property. The Windrock Park website details this pretty well.

ccws1.jpg

Working on Tshirts and stickers as well!

There's a good handful coming from Chattanooga and Nashville. We've rented a VRBO near Windrock. 6 trucks and approx. 10 people.

Thanks. Based on the pictures, is there a preference for long wheelbases? (not an issue since I can cover either)

Thanks. Based on the pictures, is there a preference for long wheelbases? (not an issue since I can cover either)
No preference! Drive what you have or what you want! Personally I think it'd be cooler to see your 70 series than whatever your long wheel base truck is ;)

My bride surprised me a few days ago when she told me that she wanted to come along. So we now have hotel reservations with the plan to arrive Thursday night.

Will the meeting time/location on Friday be pre-planned or set on the fly? Thanks

Larry, we will probably plan to leave Birmingham around 9am central. We usually stop in Chattanooga for lunch, so I’d expect us to get there around 3pm eastern. You can meet us at the Squatch Nest cabin off Windrock Rd. We may run a trail close by before going into town for dinner that night.

Saturday morning we will have breakfast for everyone and Saturday night we are cooking chili at the cabins.

Larry, we will probably plan to leave Birmingham around 9am central. We usually stop in Chattanooga for lunch, so I’d expect us to get there around 3pm eastern. You can meet us at the Squatch Nest cabin off Windrock Rd. We may run a trail close by before going into town for dinner that night.

Saturday morning we will have breakfast for everyone and Saturday night we are cooking chili at the cabins.
Thanks. Maybe this will be the opportunity for Carolyn to visit Brushy Mtn. She would love a return to Nemo but the knuckle heads got it closed so that option has sailed.

Had a great time! Snow was a nice touch.
1673837694064.png

1673837767914.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom