55mph vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have to remember you are driving a steel brick with wheels. Keep it at 45-50 on the back roads and enjoy life in the slow lane. ;)

You have to remember you are driving a steel brick with wheels. Keep it at 45-50 on the back roads and enjoy life in the slow lane. ;)
My hope is to drive this thing on a Daily basis... and that includes highways. I’m one that’s always trying to keep to the speed limit. People going to slow can cause more problems than the speeders!

I agree with coonassjohn, raise the front-end and check for play on parts mentioned. Anytime you go from small skinny to bigger tires.....or just changing tires steering can be more sensitive or vibration issues arise. Sometimes it's the tire or hardware or combination of both. I had both issues and only became obvious when I went to bigger tires. I reinsalled the original wheels and problem went away. You will figure it out, Good luck.

You may have to install a steering damper. Had to do that on a jeep once after I installed 35's

If you still have the center arm in the system (not familiar with what is used or removed with ele. steering) check the grease and adjustment.
It seems that larger tires require more frequent adjustments and greasing.

Have you checked both front tires for loose wheel bearings?

Hubs locked?

What is a road force balance? Is that a spin balance running the tire against a plate or such?

88. I can do that, but it takes a couple of 44 mph runs added together.

88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious $hit.
88 mph? If I got going that fast it would be just after I drove off a cliff. Come to think of it, that would be at 60mph, too!

Funny, mine can cruise right along at 55 and no issues holding 65. I have 3.73, 2F and four speed, runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom