4th annual Cruiser gold Rush: Back to Gold Lake for the 4th year! July 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been slacking on the whole planning thing. I have been super tied up with all of the new hire stuff I have been going through with the new career change. As of last Wednesday, I was given the official confirmation that I was being accepted into the police academy as a recruit with Sacramento PD. I am super excited to begin my journey into law enforcement, but I am also bummed that I will be missing all of the summer fun and events that are planned. that being said, unfortunately I am having to bow out of the trip and I am hoping that one of you guys would be willing to pick up the pieces and move forward with the trip planning/coordinating. I know most of you are busy and already have a lot going on in your lives. If anyone is interested in taking over for me please let me know.
I will miss you all in July. I am hoping to be back for next years event.
Eric

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been slacking on the whole planning thing. I have been super tied up with all of the new hire stuff I have been going through with the new career change. As of last Wednesday, I was given the official confirmation that I was being accepted into the police academy as a recruit with Sacramento PD. I am super excited to begin my journey into law enforcement, but I am also bummed that I will be missing all of the summer fun and events that are planned. that being said, unfortunately I am having to bow out of the trip and I am hoping that one of you guys would be willing to pick up the pieces and move forward with the trip planning/coordinating. I know most of you are busy and already have a lot going on in your lives. If anyone is interested in taking over for me please let me know.
Eric

Congratulations Eric!

Last edited:
Eric
Congratulations Eric, we will have a drink in your name! Actually several lol

^^^ Call in sick man, tell the boss uyou need to see the eye doctor.;)

I'm still coming!

@SIZZLE Don't forget to bring the Campfire in a can, I can bring propane.
Are we allowed to have a real campfire this year? Do we still need a permit?

@93yotasr5 It's ok Eric family first, congrats on getting in and will have a toast for you around the campfire. Maybe will make a video and post it here unless it's R rated.;)
;)

Eric

Congrats on the new career direction. Takes a lot of commitment to join the PD in this day and age especially where Sac PD policy has been headed recently! Thank you and stay safe. I'll PM you to see if there's anything I can do to help.

@93yotasr5 It's ok Eric family first, congrats on getting in and will have a toast for you around the campfire. Maybe will make a video and post it here unless it's R rated.;)
;)
No fire restrictions yet. You always need a permit.

I'm out. Back-to-back camping trips, a backpacking trip, Rubithon, I need a break.

:lol:

;)

Congrats on the new career direction. Takes a lot of commitment to join the PD in this day and age especially where Sac PD policy has been headed recently! Thank you and stay safe. I'll PM you to see if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. It's something I've wanted to do for a while and it's finally becoming a reality.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. It's something I've wanted to do for a while and it's finally becoming a reality.
Congrats, Eric! Sorry you won't make this years the trip but chasing your dream is a pretty great reason.

Toyota Trails would love to have a submission about this trip. Anyone interested in writing it up and submitting photos?

I'll do it!

I wanted to step up and help organize raffle prizes, t-shirts and stickers since Eric unfortunately can't join us! I've struck out trying to get sponsors to donate raffle prizes and unless someone has the design for the t-shirts and stickers I'm afraid we may be out of luck. Yeah, I suck at this:) I'm a builder, not a graphics guy. I think with Rubithon happening this week all the bandwidth is focused there. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? How about everyone that wants to participate in a raffle bring an item to raffle off? Everyone (everyone who brings an item) gets a ticket and gets a prize? We can set a $ amount and theme (Land Cruiser or camping for instance) for the item so it's all equal across the board.

As far as the run in, who's going when? I'm meeting my passenger in Yuba City at 10am Thursday morning. Quick stop for provisions and we should be pulling into camp around 1pm.

Is anyone running HAM? Doesn't look like there are any repeaters in the area, at least nothing I'm finding on Repeater Book. Looks like simplex. Does 147.450 work for everyone?

Really looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone!

Cheers!

Jeff

I wanted to step up and help organize raffle prizes, t-shirts and stickers since Eric unfortunately can't join us! I've struck out trying to get sponsors to donate raffle prizes and unless someone has the design for the t-shirts and stickers I'm afraid we may be out of luck. Yeah, I suck at this:) I'm a builder, not a graphics guy. I think with Rubithon happening this week all the bandwidth is focused there. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? How about everyone that wants to participate in a raffle bring an item to raffle off? Everyone (everyone who brings an item) gets a ticket and gets a prize? We can set a $ amount and theme (Land Cruiser or camping for instance) for the item so it's all equal across the board.

As far as the run in, who's going when? I'm meeting my passenger in Yuba City at 10am Thursday morning. Quick stop for provisions and we should be pulling into camp around 1pm.

Is anyone running HAM? Doesn't look like there are any repeaters in the area, at least nothing I'm finding on Repeater Book. Looks like simplex. Does 147.450 work for everyone?

Really looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone!

Cheers!

Jeff
I'm cheap! Just running a CB

I'm cheap! Just running a CB

Got to get HAM! It doesn't have to be expensive. Baofeng + a $25 slim jim antenna and you can be in for less than $70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom