Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Was referring to the Moab Pre-Run- I’m all signed up for the Telluride part. The last two years I think we put the link to the pre-run in the LCDC thread.

Excited to announce that Elite Land Cruisers and @BTUMAN will be sponsoring our welcome reception Wednesday the 25th. More details to come but it will give everyone an opportunity to meet, review trails and meet up times/locations.

Be sure to check out www.200LCDC.com and the sign up page.

Question for those familiar with Telluride & near-by trail heads:

Do most of the trails we'll use start closer to Ouray?
I ask because if so...we would consider finding a place to stay on the Ouray side.

Can anyone confirm? My impression from comments by several people is that most trails actually do start closer to Ouray...except for a backward Black Bear (which requires a special event permit) and maybe one other.

Anyone have confirmation or info on this?

It would be very helpful to know, as we're finding accommodations either scarce or pricey at this late date.

Thanks!!!

Mark

Ophir Pass, and Imogene pass are two Trails that start from Telluride. Not sure about others. Ophir Pass is easiest one to go in and out of Telluride towards Ouray side.

Ophir Pass, and Imogene pass are two Trails that start from Telluride. Not sure about others. Ophir Pass is easiest one to go in and out of Telluride towards Ouray side.

So I think you mean we would start up Orphir, and then connect with other trails from it...meaning Ouray ain'ta gonna be a common starting point...?

So I think you mean we would start up Orphir, and then connect with other trails from it...meaning Ouray ain'ta gonna be a common starting point...?
Yes, starting from Ouray may not possible as it takes a while to get to Ouray from Telluride. There few other trails near Telluride and some near Silverton.

31FD0A36-B225-4800-A91A-7E11E3868E51.png
F688D1CC-354F-4E77-A87E-18857546A3B6.png
A2D59079-155C-4029-98F7-15D3721A2B56.png

I ask because if so...we would consider finding a place to stay on the Ouray side.

I asked @mcgaskins the same question when we started looking for a place to stay because I had the same realization as you. The trails with some of the most name recognition require a Ouray area starting point. We decided that it was likely better to stay closer to the bulk of attendees and that after a long day on the trail, it'd be nicer to end up where we needed to be rather than another 45+ min drive back to lodging. Granted you might get more sleep on the front end. Coupled with the fact we aren't 100% sure what all trails are being driven, we stuck to a Telluride location.

Can anyone confirm? My impression from comments by several people is that most trails actually do start closer to Ouray...except for a backward Black Bear (which requires a special event permit) and maybe one other.

Anyone have confirmation or info on this?

It would be very helpful to know, as we're finding accommodations either scarce or pricey at this late date.

Thanks!!!

Mark
Hey Mark,
There are quite a few trails out of Telluride but the main ones to get to other trails is taking either Last Dollar Road, Ophir Pass or the HWY. Telluride is the home base where dinners and meetings will take place. Ultimately Telluride gives everyone a lot of options for food, places to stay and other activities for the week. On the sign up sheet you can see the trail list and I'll add the Alta Ghost Town trail Kamal listed although I'm not familiar with it.

Hey Mark,
There are quite a few trails out of Telluride but the main ones to get to other trails is taking either Last Dollar Road, Ophir Pass or the HWY. Telluride is the home base where dinners and meetings will take place. Ultimately Telluride gives everyone a lot of options for food, places to stay and other activities for the week. On the sign up sheet you can see the trail list and I'll add the Alta Ghost Town trail Kamal listed although I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks Cody. I didn't know the trail list was up.
Some had said we'd end up driving around to the Ouray side in the morning, but good to know the deal.

Thanks Cody. I didn't know the trail list was up.
Some had said we'd end up driving around to the Ouray side in the morning, but good to know the deal.
Forgot to mention Imogene which is one of my favorites but is a longer trail. The others are quick and easy to get to the Ouray side of the mountain.

Yeah check out the second tab on the sign up sheet for all trail listings...

Hello Everyone,

I would very much like to go on this adventure with everyone of you, but I a few concerns and they all revolve around me and my lack of experience. I just bough my first ever LC last week. Its bone stock, and I know they are very capable in stock form, what worries me is the fact that I have no off road driving experience. I am planning on going to the Overland Expo East and enroll in as many courses as humanly possible, but that won't until November, well after this event.

If possible, I suggest you replace your highway tires with a set of good offroad tires. I'm running the BF Goodrich K02 LT 285/65R18. These tires work on the OEM wheels and fit in the spare tire space under the vehicle. They are about 1" larger in diameter than the stock tires. You will want 5 so that your spare has the same size as your other 4.

Last year, my truck was completely stock except for the tires as above. I went on easy and moderate trails and had no problems. My previous off-roading experience was limited to driving on the beach.

If possible, I suggest you replace your highway tires with a set of good offroad tires. I'm running the BF Goodrich K02 LT 285/65R18. These tires work on the OEM wheels and fit in the spare tire space under the vehicle. They are about 1" larger in diameter than the stock tires. You will want 5 so that your spare has the same size as your other 4.

Last year, my truck was completely stock except for the tires as above. I went on easy and moderate trails and had no problems. My previous off-roading experience was limited to driving on the beach.

On easy trails and maybe some moderate ones stock tires will do OK. We did a few light trails on the stock Bridgestone tires and they were OK even on loose rocks with 4Lo and the center diff locked. Decent AT tires were a HUGE improvement though.

I appreciate the advise, I'm going to wait and wear down my current tires and buying new tires right before the trip. I may also end up riding solo for this trip, I hope not having a spotter wont be an issue.

I appreciate the advise, I'm going to wait and wear down my current tires and buying new tires right before the trip. I may also end up riding solo for this trip, I hope not having a spotter wont be an issue.
You’ll be fine solo on most stuff. if you get to a place where you need a spotter more than likely someone is already standing out there helping the group.
It will suck being scared alone though

You’ll be fine solo on most stuff. if you get to a place where you need a spotter more than likely someone is already standing out there helping the group.
It will suck being scared alone though

Agree. You'll be fine. If it's tricky at all, someone will be out spotting.
Just don't be on your cell phone, and you'll be AOK. ;)

Matt (ethernectar) ran these same trails 2 yrs ago bone stock. Only had a minor mishap with one of the side steps on black bear.
A rock came down the side of the mountain from a heep further back on the trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom