Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am seeing no availability at Matterhorn Campground. Not wanting to be even farther away so will look for a hotel.

I landed an electric site from Wednesday to Monday with the hopes of renting an Airstream (kind of a test as I want to buy one) and if I can't make that happen, I'll definitely let you know so you can have the spot if you want.

I am seeing no availability at Matterhorn Campground. Not wanting to be even farther away so will look for a hotel.

That sucks. I just went to book and noticed the same thing.

We're coming from Chicago so I will have the trailer. I might try first come first serve but I don't think we'll get there until Thursday evening, so most likely there won't be any sites available.

I hope I can find some place to put down nearby.

I booked Wednesday evening the 25th thru Sunday the 29th. I assume the runs start on Thursday or do I need to add a day

I booked Wednesday evening the 25th thru Sunday the 29th. I assume the runs start on Thursday or do I need to add a day
Trail runs start Thursday.

I think trail runs start Thursday. I will be leaving Chicago on Wednesday afternoon and have a 21 hour drive (per Google, probably closer to 24 hours with the trailer in tow) so I won't get there until late Thursday evening (hence only booking Thurs-Sun). Unless I can manage the Moab pre-funk...

This will be our first time coming to this event and I have a few questions for the seasoned people.

1. What night is the welcome dinner?
2. What days are are the trail rides?

I just booked:

CAYTON CAMPGROUND, SAN JUAN NF - FS, CO
Site, Loop:
6, Loop A

Thanks!

Yeah awesome place. It has everything. Mountains, beaches, awesome ancient architecture. Industriel industries and rich farmland. Lots of valuable natural resources. Could be a great European destination spot with outdoor cafes and lots of interesting places. Many incredibly beautiful women with the slavic bone structure. Slender arms, legs and hips, & really small hands. Same in Russia. So as a photographer it caught my eye. You probably noticed it too with your artists eye.
I am always looking for places not run over by tourists yet. I was dating a Russian girl from Moscow and when that ended I went to explore Ukraine. Lviv is like Prague before the tourists.
I was bouncing around and enjoying the country and people when the conflict and fighting started. Later somehow the government found out about some of my background and I was persuaded to help train some of their soldiers as snipers and some to deal with explosives, ieds, and such. Not something I really ever wanted to be involved with again so I got out of that job as soon as I could.
During my time there I discovered that there are over 5500 castles all over the country built back around 1100 AD during the Polish occupation. Some are in shambles and some are amazing & well preserved. I was amazed there hasn't been a book about them. So I have been trying to photograph a few of them for a book. It really became "about the journey, not the destination" as they say. But I was blown away that so many castles still existed there and many of the people don't even know it although I have talked to many that do. There is no telling how long the fighting will go on. I lost track of a lot of friends in the east war zone. At times I get so frustrated with the conflict I try not to listen to news and want to forget Ukraine. But it really touched my heart at times. My girlfriend was born their but was living in the Netherlands when I met her. Funny, she is a real cruiser head and her father was taking her to races since she was a kid. We get into a lot of arguments about mods for the cruiser. :)) So yeah...going back and photographing the castles has been in the works (on my bucket list) now for about a year or more and then the drive across Russia my girlfriend really wants to do. I want to do some fashion shoots at some of those castles also. I know so many amazing models and stylists and clothing designers in Ukraine. It's a boiling pot of talent and it's really sad things are such a mess there. I wish they would join Nato.
Interesting you did volunteer work there. That's cool.....

Wow- you had me at small hands....

All joking aside- sounds beautifil. Next years destination?

This will be our first time coming to this event and I have a few questions for the seasoned people.

1. What night is the welcome dinner?
2. What days are are the trail rides?

I just booked:

CAYTON CAMPGROUND, SAN JUAN NF - FS, CO
Site, Loop:
6, Loop A

Thanks!
Glad you can make it! We’ll have an informal opening gathering July 25th in the evening with trails starting the 26th. We will have one official dinner sponsored by Slee Off Road Saturday night.

Glad you can make it! We’ll have an informal opening gathering July 25th in the evening with trails starting the 26th. We will have one official dinner sponsored by Slee Off Road Saturday night.
Wonderful! We are looking forward to it.

Just making sure as I have been out of the loop for a while...registration hasnt opened up yet, correct?

There's actually no official registration this year as we're trying to keep the event lightweight and easy for folks to come and go as they please. Closer to the date, we will suggest a daily meeting place that works for everyone with the presumption that people will self-organize.

Are we getting a head count this year? I know low key, but would be good to see who is coming or who can't make it this year....

Are we getting a head count this year? I know low key, but would be good to see who is coming or who can't make it this year....

In lieu of a formal sign up process some kind of headcount would definitely be handy... let me see what we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom