4130 beef mod lower controle arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

START OF HIJACK AGAIN

I have a 100 series frame here at the shop. Already cut the back end off. However still has all the IFS stuff on the front. So you can buy that to do the IFS conversion on the 80 you are buying.

sleeoffroad said:
START OF HIJACK AGAIN

I have a 100 series frame here at the shop. Already cut the back end off. However still has all the IFS stuff on the front. So you can buy that to do the IFS conversion on the 80 you are buying.

Hmmm, no thanks. 100 has 7.5 travel. RR has 3" more and the improved Rover reliablilty. :)

shocker said:
Sacriledge, I know, but I think it'd be better to get a low mileage rig without lockers and pony up for ARB's than a high mileage one with lockers, given that both vehicles' histories are largely unkown.

Sure, these are Toyotas, so mileage shouldn't matter that much. But more mileage opens up more room for previous owners to do stupid things, and buying a high mileage unit just because it has lockers can open the door to reliability issues down the road, some when you can least afford them to happen.

Your 130K mile rig with lockers can blow a head gasket within 10K because the PO never flushed the coolant, can blow a birf because they never changed the axle seals, etc. Each of these fixes would cost more than lockers, and each would leave you stranded on the side of a road, trail, etc.

Buying a Cruiser with only 60K is still soon enough for the first round of maintenance on it. Start with a good foundation, add lockers.
130k is not high mileage for a LC, in fact IMHO at 150k you are less likely to suffer a HG failure, it seems the HG failure is a more a manufacturer defect and most HG failures are at 100-150k, the chances that a 200k LC will blow it's HG is almost zero. Basically if you get past a certain mileage, it probably doesn't have the HG defect. (I know that is simplified and just my opinion from observation)
And a birf replacemant is way cheaper than adding lockers.

But there is definitely more inherent risk the higher the miles, I just think it isn't very much, applied to the LC.

total posts to this thread 83. posts by schotts 27. 33% schotts content. more if you went by the word :rolleyes:

semlin said:
schotts...a nice guy but, as he will shortly demonstrate, he has the most severe case of lastworditis I have ever seen on the internet...

how prophetic...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom