40 Towing Capacity? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn pesky 4th gear... :)

nah it actually pulled at about 70 k's an hour up most gradients in 4th
biggest eye opener ive ever had

i once pulled a boat about 50 miles round trip, probably would do it again if i had to, make sure you give yourself plenty of room between you and the cars in front of you, gets a little hairy at times but the 40 pulled it easy.

i've towed another cruiser around town, (from dealer, to friends house, to shop) it does it with ease in low 2, as long as he uyses his brakes to slow him down.

I think you guys may be a little paranoid I use my bj 42 to pull my contractors trailer around with all my construction tools, boxes of nails, building material yada yada. I have never once felt uncomfortable or sketchy doing it, And I live In an area where we get serious snow 5 months a year.
bottom line use your head and drive responsibly.

Other than that Were talking about a landcruiser here the name says it all. you won't hurt it

Poser said:
...4K boat? You could get the tail waggin' the dog REALLY easy with this set up....bring a camera...take some pics to post up when it all ends up in a ball... :)

:beer:

Good luck!

-Steve

I don't know why but I was laughing my ass off the other day because of this comment. It must be the visual :D

I was pulling my new 55 home behind the Tahoe. 6000 capacity, 1600lb trailer, lots of pig. She started waggin' about 55mph and it was very hard to shut her down and get it under control. I blame it on overloading and I had the 55 too far to one side. I won't do that again, but I was still laughing the whole time.

Thanks Steve :beer:

years ago my dad and I were in the 40 hauling a load of building supplies through a river canyon along the Arkansas River in Colorado (steep drop offs twisting road) when the tongue broke off and the safety chains caught the trailer. dad slowly hit the brakes and got the remainder of the tongue to go up between the rear wheels to cradle the load and he was able to bring the whole wagon train to a stop. Talk about pucker factor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom